6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2014 1:42 AM by reinhardhasewend

InDesign CC slow

Strigge

Why is InDesign CC working so slow? The slowest version ever. I have worked with InDesign since the

• 1. Re: InDesign CC slow
          Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What operating system?

Have you updated to the latest InDesign Patch?

Have you checked the FAQ and Troubleshooting on the main forum page?

• 2. Re: InDesign CC slow
            Strigge Level 1

Yes we have the latest patch, and yes we have checked the FAQ.

We have the program installed on both macs and pc like this:

Mac Pro 5,1

Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Mac OS X 10.6.8.

PC i7 3,20 GHz

64 bitar Windows 7

Ram 20GB

InDesign is working just a bit faster on PC.

• 3. Re: InDesign CC slow
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Minimum requirements are 10.7 and later.

• 4. Re: InDesign CC slow
                reinhardhasewend

I have got the same issue – had it ever since I upgraded to CC. Especially InDesign actually made me cry twice because its so slow sometimes that I can barely work – and I am only moving text, workspace resolution images and some small vector stuff. It varies from document to document – one behaves so terribly slow that I get stomach cramps when I think of doing something with it. CS6 used to do great in comparison.

I am running Mavericks and CC with all the latest updates.

Modell-Identifizierung:          MacPro5,1

Prozessortyp:          Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Prozessorgeschwindigkeit:          2,8 GHz

Anzahl der Prozessoren:          1

Gesamtanzahl der Kerne:          4

L2-Cache (pro Kern):          256 KB

L3-Cache:          8 MB

Speicher:          32 GB

Adobe overlords – please help!

• 5. Re: InDesign CC slow
                  ariacat Level 1

Try closing the Hyperlinks panel if it is open. My program can slow to a crawl when it is open, even if there are no hyperlinks! And if you've imported text from a Word doc, you may notice that it creates all sorts of strange unrelated hyperlinks that will slow it even more.

• 6. Re: InDesign CC slow
                    reinhardhasewend Level 1

It is not open and there was only one hyperlink in the entire document. I deleted it just in case but the performance did not improve… Even when I type text it sometimes takes a second until the letters appear. Same thing when I move the cursor with the arrow keys in a text box. InDesign is my day to day business and this is killing me. Fortunately its just happening on some documents – here I think it started when i copied a (simple) vector object from Illustrator into InDesign.

Am 30.04.2014 um 08:04 schrieb ariacat <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Re: InDesign CC slow

created by ariacat in InDesign - View the full discussion

Try closing the Hyperlinks panel if it is open. My program can slow to a crawl when it is open, even if there are no hyperlinks! And if you've imported text from a Word doc, you may notice that it creates all sorts of strange unrelated hyperlinks that will slow it even more.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6342961#6342961

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6342961#6342961

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6342961#6342961. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in InDesign at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.