2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2014 1:35 PM by soom1976

Flash CS5.5 constantly crashing and no autorecovery file created!

soom1976 Level 1

We are on CS5.5 in our studio (and no upgrade will be done in any near future, so we are stuck with this version)

So Flash crashes are frequent and we all knonw it.

Most of the times Flash also destroys the file it was trying to save during a crash, so that the file cannot be opened after. I would expect at least Auto-Recovery function to compensate for this nightmare, but for some reason it does not create any auto-recovery file! My Auto-recovery is ON and set for 20 minutes, and my Auto-Save is always off in all files.

This is totally ridiculous. What the hell are we paying for?!?!

Update: I just realized, that setting auto-recovery to 10 minutes solved it (at least for now) - now Flash does create the Auto-Recovery file. But It's quite frustrating to work with it freezing every 10 minutes to save. 20 minutes or even 30 is more acceptable, but it doesn't work

• 1. Re: Flash CS5.5 constantly crashing and no autorecovery file created!
          kristofer Level 2

Flash only creates an auto-recovery file when you haven't manually saved.  Every time you manually save, it resets the timer.  So it may be possible that when your auto-recovery was set to longer intervals you weren't seeing an auto-recovery file because you were manually saving before Flash had time to create one.

As for the occasional corruption bug...that's a whole different issue that I have daily nightmares about.

• 2. Re: Flash CS5.5 constantly crashing and no autorecovery file created!
            soom1976 Level 1

Yep - that looks like the case. What worth is then auto-recovery, if it is not even designed to actually save me from loosing files?! The whole point to use it is because quite often Flash manages to destroy a file during the save process, so that there is no way to open it, unless I have a recovery duplicate of some recent period, which I clearly don't, because I save more often, than the auto-recovery does. This is beyond ridiculous!