2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 6:24 PM by Karma Craig

Updating Adobe and Flash Player

Karma Craig

I am 100% unable to update Adobe Reader 10.1.9.22, nor an I able to update Flash PLayer for IE 11.9.900.170 for Chrome on my old pc (no, not a laptop or tablet or anything fancy..this pc is at least 8 years old).

For some reason, the pc won't allow me to do updates for these, even after trying ALL reccommened advice fromt he website. I need a person who KNOWS what they are doing and can help me using that remote thing IT's and hackers know how to do...where I watch you fix this from your location on my home pc.

HELP NEEDED!!! I can't get very many graphics at all, can't play most games and the pc is lagging in speed now. I have defragged the pc and removed cookies and caches like I am suppose to. I am almost 100% computer illiterate (I"m getting old).

Thank you to ANYONE who can fix this remotely!

Signed....

• 1. Re: Updating Adobe and Flash Player
          Mike M Level 6

Chrome has its own "proprietary" plugin ("PepperFlash") which is embedded by Google and you cannot update it here. "Not no way, not no how."

You MUST update Chrome to update the Flash Player in it. (Even if that means completely uninstalling and reinstalling it, as I have to do on each of eight machines where I have chrome installed.)

There are "offline" FULL Installers:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

and Reader's offline FULL installer can be downloaded here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

NONE of these require any additional downloading. YOu simply "save" them, close your browser, and run them.

• 2. Re: Updating Adobe and Flash Player
            Karma Craig Level 1

I checked all the add-ons, looked at the other things I was suppose to, uninstalled then reinstalled it. Still nothing. I can only see a few thigns and still can't play anything regarding sound (it's all choppy) and I still can't play many of my games (try playing certain Facebook games! )  I tried what yousaid, as well, to no avail. It's been defragged and cookie cleaned and the whole shebang now...aside from getting a techie IN my house to fix this, I don't know what to do. I do thank you for the help, though. I suppose I just have to deal with this until I find a way to save up for a new computer. .