Could you provide a link to the form so that I can try it? If you do not wish to post the link you can email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The user should only get the dialog you mention if they have already submitted data or if the data has expired. Google Chrome is not likely to be the problem.
Software Quality Engineer
Adobe Systems, Inc.
I actually went in myself and tested it too after I posted that notice since I use Explorer. I saved the work in progress 3 different times and after the 3rd time, I entered and as it was retrieving the data it stopped and provided the submission confirmation AND I then received 5 e-mail confirmations of the submission. I did not hit the submit button and had not even gotten to the last page.
Thank you for checking on this for me. I have been waiting for this feature for a long time so I was excited to use it. This is our first try, but we have others that will want this option too. Our competition is open right now so we told them to not use the save feature until further notice.
I have not been able to recreate the issue you describe. Could you please provide a more detailed step -by step of what you are doing leading up to the error?
Ok, I just did it again. Here are the steps:
1. Completed part of page 1
2. Saved and received email
3. Closed the window
4. Opened email and clicked on the retrieve form button
5. The application opened in a new window and I clicked the next button
6. Filled out all of page 2 (including uploading a document and selecting the number of institutes)
7. Saved and closed window
8. Went to the original email and clicked on the retrieve form button again
9. Partially completed page 3 and clicked save and closed window
10. Reopened document from email
11. Completed page 4 and hit the save button (did not hit the submit button) – closed window
12. Reopened from the email and it retrieved the data but then it automatically submitted and went to the confirmation page. See screenshot below, I also received 5 confirmation emails and it saved to the database 5 times. They all look the same.
I am sorry that this reply is slow in coming. I have been out of the office. Thank you for the steps that you provided in your last post. Using these steps I have been able to reproduce the problem. I am still not clear as to why this behavior is happening. I have entered a bug report to the Engineering team so that they can take a closer look and hopefully resolve this issue.
Better late than never. ☺ I am glad you were able to see the problem too. I have another form that is currently open and that form it did not give me any problems. So I do want to know what they find out.
Our Engineering team believes we have a fix for the bug you are seeing. It should be deployed on the evening of 2/11.
Thank you. Will this fix apply only to this form or all other forms as well?
The fix will be for all forms.