4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2014 2:59 PM by MurraySummers RSS

pages related to template not getting update

Lucky87

Hi, I updated a template in the repository but other related pages are not getting update. Can anyone help me on this.

• 1. Re: pages related to template not getting update
          Jon Fritz II MVP

Let's check the basics quick...

1. Are you working in a Defined Site in DW?

2. Is that site selected in DW's Files Window?

3. Is your .dwt file within a folder called Templates that is located in your site's Local Root Folder?

• 2. Re: pages related to template not getting update
            MurraySummers ACP/MVPs

The template was in the repository?

• 3. Re: pages related to template not getting update
              Lucky87 Community Member

1. Are you working in a Defined Site in DW?

Yes

2. Is that site selected in DW's Files Window?

Yes. I have only checked out the required template from the remote site to

local. Then I made a change to the template and uplodated.

There is no prompt message asking to update all the pages which use the           template.

3. Is your .dwt file within a folder called Templates that is located in your site's Local Root Folder?

Put the image here.

Capture.PNG

4. The template was in the repository?

Yes.

Additioanlly when I tried to check out the template and a page which uses that template to local, and then make a change, and then Modify > Templates > Update pages it will update. But they are the local files, so I might have to check out the entire site inorder to do like this.

Any help will be great.

• 4. Re: pages related to template not getting update
                MurraySummers ACP/MVPs

DW's templates have no function at all on the server. Changes to them will only affect LOCAL files all of which which must then be uploaded again. And yes, you will have to check out the entire site when you make a change to the template. That's why DW's Check In/ Check out is not compatible with templates.