1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2007 8:13 AM by jasonstout13

Flex 2 History Management Issue...

Clark_Kent101
      Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get History Management to work with one of my flex applications. My main objective is to get state changing to work with history management, ie. change from one state to another -> press back button to get to that previous state. I have tried the following example from the livedocs: http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/docs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDo cs_Parts&file=00000934.html

But it just isn't working for me. I fire it up, type in a search term, press the 'Go' button but the back button in both firefox and IE are still disabled. I've tried pressing the reset button and doing multiple searches using that example but nothing happens - back button is still disabled. Using standard history management with for example the Tab Navigator works fine.... I fall short when trying to implement custom history management to work with states.

Is this just a bug? I can't imagine I'm doing something wrong due to having copied and pasted that Adobe example straight into my flex project.

Thanks for your time.

- Tony

PS: I'm using Flex Builder 3, Firefox 2.0.0.10, and IE 6