3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2014 4:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 11 dvd production

squaredance

Premiere Elements 11 When I burn a video to  a dvd, the picture comes out small. I have used Premiere elements 4 and  never had this problem.

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 11 dvd production
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

What are your Premiere Elements project settings, as listed under your Edit menu?

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 11 dvd production
            squaredance Level 1

I have a AIPTEK DV8800 camera. Format is jpeg and resolution is VGA 5M. Project settings are General in Premiere Elements.

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 11 dvd production
              A.T. Romano Level 7

squaredance

I did some homework on your camera and its video. If you are working with video and not stills from that camera, you are dealing with video 640 x 480 with ?probably MPEG-4 ASP video compression/container?

As a first pass on this I would

1. Open a new project and set the project preset for

NTSC

FLIP

Flip Mino and Ultra 30p

To do that, open a new project. Go to File Menu/New/Project and set the project preset as mentioned.

Before exiting the final dialog there, make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Seletect Project Setting on This Project".

Then, when you are back in the Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace, import your video with Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the video into the Timeline Video 1 Track.

2. Does your video fill the monitor in the Edit area? Do you have no colored line over the content on the Timeline?

3. When you go to burn to disc

Publish+Share

Disc

DVD

disc with preset = NTSC_Dolby DVD

4. What does that look like when played back on the DVD player attached to your TV?

If you have used Premiere Elements 4 before, two areas of confusion might be

a. selecting the correct project preset

b. setting the correct project preset

Please review and then let us know if that worked for you.

SG had already asked the important questions to get at this type of suggestion. But your reply needed to be supplemented to get at the details that would help us to help you.

The above should work for you. SG might have yet another solution for you.

ATR