2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2014 8:22 AM by A.T. Romano

How to create a photo slideshow in my movie

AlexSan

Hello all,

Im woking on my first movie with Premier Elements 12 and I can not figure out how to include a slideshow of pictures at the end of my movie.

Of course I can drag the photos on the timeline and use trancients in between but there is nothing I can do with the picture like editting/cut parts off, make them black/white and use movement effects for example.

Isnt this an option/included in Premiere lements 12 ?

I just bought the software but also played around with the trial of Cyberlink Powerdirector which has this handy magic function to select all pictures at once and create different/random trancirents and effects and pictures could be editted also.

This is what Im after but I can not find how to do this stuff in Premiere lements 12.

Hope someone can help me out.

Thatnks in advance

• 1. Re: How to create a photo slideshow in my movie
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Any video effects that can be added to video can also be added to photos -- and that includes the ability to make the pictures black & white or add other special effects. There is also a tool for adding Pan & Zoom effects over the photos under the Tools button.

Premiere Elements also includes an InstantMovie feature which can be used to gather a bunch of clips and automatically add titles, music, effects, etc., just like PowerDirector.

To help ease the transition from PowerDirector, you may want to check out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=30

• 2. Re: How to create a photo slideshow in my movie
            A.T. Romano Level 7

AlexSan

Do you have Photoshop Elements 12 as well as Premiere Elements 12?

What is this "movie" that the photo slideshow is going to be at the end of? A video? If so, what are the

properties of that video...video and audio compressions, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio?

What is your intended final product...DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

With the above information, I will suggest some approaches that you might want to look into.

Thanks.

ATR