3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2014 11:46 AM by Morgan0979

Premier elements keeps crashing

Morgan0979

i am having trouble with premier elements 12, every time i save a new project.. it crashes when i eventually find the locating folder and try to play it ??

• 1. Re: Premier elements keeps crashing
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
          •What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
          •Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
          •What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.
          •If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
          •What were you doing when the problem occurred?
          •What other software are you running?
          •Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?
          •Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?
          And some other questions...
          •What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?
          •Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page?
          •Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)
          What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?
          Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?
          -If Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information
          -you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself
          ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
          nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: Premier elements keeps crashing
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Morgan0979

I am not understanding your question

i am having trouble with premier elements 12, every time i save a new project.. it crashes when i eventually find the locating folder and try to play it ??

What folder, what file in folder, what player?

Crashing when you try to save a new project, we can understand that and work with you to find the answer. But the next part

"it crashes when I eventually find the locating folder and try to play it". That I cannot understand.

What are you saying there, for example, are you saying that the program crashes if you go to the crashed project.prel and try to open the project's file (project.prel) again or something else.

Once we can be sure of the details, we might move forward with questions, such as,

a. What is your computer operating system and what is the description of your computer resources?

b. What are the properties of your source media?

c. What is being set as the project preset (project settings)?

d. What is the duration/description of the Timeline content embedded in this project that you are saving?

e. Where are you saving this project to and how much free hard drive space is there?

The givens in all this include

a. latest verison of QuickTIme installed

b. working as Run As Administrator and User Account with Administrative Privileges

c. And, as John T. Smith has pointed out, working with the latest video card driver version

Lots of factors to rule in and out systematically, but first let us make sure that we are in sync on the basic

details of the issue that you are having so that we might best customize the responses.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything written.

• 3. Re: Premier elements keeps crashing
              Morgan0979 Level 1

Hi,

i am a novice with computers an i meen totally...

my partner bought this programme for me when i got my new camera for xmas, as it is the best on the shelf.

my computer is a 3 month old sony Vaio running windows 8 intel core i5 processor it has nividea graphics.

firstly once created and saved current project, then when i go to view it gives this message

Files that help describe the problem:
                C:\Users\neil\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE705.tmp.appcompat.txt
                C:\Users\neil\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE793.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online:
                http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
                C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt