4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2006 10:39 AM by Big_Ed57

Fireworks Won't start

Big_Ed57
      I have had this problem for several days and cannot resolve the issue. When I try to start up fireworks 8 on my 2003 server Op system, its stops working after trying to initilize plugins. Tried deleting program and reinstalls several times with out success. DW 8 works fine.
        • 1. Re: Fireworks Won't start
          Level 7
          Try deleting the following file that will get recreated next time you
          start FW.

Fireworks 8 Preferences.txt

Big Ed57 wrote:
          > I have had this problem for several days and cannot resolve the issue. When I
          > try to start up fireworks 8 on my 2003 server Op system, its stops working
          > after trying to initilize plugins. Tried deleting program and reinstalls
          > several times with out success. DW 8 works fine.
          >
          • 2. Re: Fireworks Won't start
            Big_Ed57 Level 1
            tried that didn't work. Have you got any other solutions I need help desperately. Most of my picture folders use fireworks for authoring.
            • 3. Re: Fireworks Won't start
              Level 7
              Big Ed57 wrote:
              > I have had this problem for several days and cannot resolve the issue. When I
              > try to start up fireworks 8 on my 2003 server Op system, its stops working
              > after trying to initilize plugins. Tried deleting program and reinstalls
              > several times with out success. DW 8 works fine.
              >

Are you running FW from the server or on the server? Either way, FW
              might be trying to access areas of the hard drive (local or server) you
              don't have securities for.

SKB
              • 4. Re: Fireworks Won't start
                Big_Ed57 Level 1
                To: SKB

I am running FW on the server, I do have administrative rights for the server. I have been using FW on the system for over two months without fail. Something happened with the software after I started having problems with Googles Picasso program. Picasso searches the computer for all picture files and made it easy for me to manage my picture files. I don't know if that was the cause of the problem but Picasso stopped working also.

Big Ed57