3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2014 5:19 PM by A.T. Romano

Need Help Downloading Premier Elements 8 Purchased With Computer (Dell)

johno1066

Hi, I originally purchased my computer from Dell, including Adobe Premier Elements 8. Due to an unrelated issue I had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows 7. How can I get Premier Elements back? I am registered and have the serial number. I tried the chat support but they could not help me, as they only supported the current version. Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: Need Help Downloading Premier Elements 8 Purchased With Computer (Dell)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jpmp1066

I am not sure if you have any comeback with Dell on this, surely not with Adobe, since this is a pre-install deal with Dell. Do you have anything in your Dell paperwork that guarantees you installation files in a case such as this?

If the situation were such that you had version 9.0/9.0.1 or later instead of 8.0/8.0.1, the story might have a better ending.

There is a web site that offers tryout downloads for versions 9 through 11. After you download the tryout of the

version for which you have the purchased serial number, it is just a matter of inserting your purchased serial number in it.

http://prodesigntools.com/search.html?q=Premiere+Elements+8+tryout&sa=&cx=0033276168358887 12133%3Afinlcmqnjey&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8

I have not found a tryout for 8 there. I am not sure what to make of those ads on the right column of its web site page.

ATR

• 2. Re: Need Help Downloading Premier Elements 8 Purchased With Computer (Dell)
            johno1066 Level 1

Thanks for the answer. I tried with Dell (for 1.5 hrs!) and after 5 transfers the bottom line is they say I should have the disks from the original purchase of the computer (3 years ago...). Maybe they sent it to me, maybe they didn't, not sure (although i am looking). Found out I am also missing Adobe 9 full version too. I'll check out the links you provided and see if there's a way I can get it through there. Thanks again for your help.

• 3. Re: Need Help Downloading Premier Elements 8 Purchased With Computer (Dell)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

johno1066

Curious about "Found out I am also missing Adobe 9 full version too."

What are you missing?

The issue is that you need a Premiere Elements 8.0 download for your purchased Premiere Elements 8 purchased serial number. I do not think that you will find that at that web site.

If you get Premiere Elements 8 installed (find your installation disc), do not forget to install the 8.0.1 Update to work from. And, in the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 workspace disable the automatic background rendering feature under Edit Menu/Preferences/General. And, in the Elements Organizer 8 workspace disable the AutoAnalzyer options under Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalyzer Options.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR