5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 4:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Need to deactivate Premiere Elements 10?

TsukiNaito1 Level 1

I got a new laptop and downloaded my Photoshop and Premiere Elements 10. However, I got a message when I opened Premiere telling me that I needed to deactivate it on another computer. But I can't figure out how to deactivate!

Also, I'm not sure if it's connected with my needing to deactivate or if it's just the computer, but I can't use any of the links on the Premiere menu on the old laptop, and I can't log in to my Adobe ID on either.

Can someone help me out?

PS: If it matters any, my new laptop is running on Windows 8 and the old one is 7.

• 1. Re: Need to deactivate Premiere Elements 10?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TsukiNaito1

Adobe permits you to use your Premiere Elements 10 purchased serial number on only 2 of your computers. If you want to put that serial number on a 3rd computer then you have to "Deactivate" the installation on computer 1 or 2 to get this Premiere Elements 10 purchased serial number on computer 3.

By the message that you are getting on computer 3, you are telling us that your Premiere Elements 10 is on more than 2 of your computers already (computer 1 and 2) and you want to install it on another (the 3rd computer).

So, where do you have Premiere Elements 10 installed?

Go to one of those Premiere Elements 10 computer setups. Open Premiere Elements 10 to its workspace. Go to Help Menu/Deactivate and click on Deactivate to do just that. Close out of there. At this point, you can

a. leave the program installed but deactivated on computer 1 or 2 as the case may be

or

b. uninstall it from computer 1 or 2 as the case mya be.

Please review and let us know if the above is clear and works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Need to deactivate Premiere Elements 10?
            TsukiNaito1 Level 1

That did the trick. I didn't think about going to the workspace for some reason. Thank you.

• 3. Re: Need to deactivate Premiere Elements 10?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TsukiNaito1

Great, great news. Glad that worked for you.

Continued success.

ATR

• 4. Re: Need to deactivate Premiere Elements 10?
                floven1

but what if you no longer have access to that computer

• 5. Re: Need to deactivate Premiere Elements 10?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

floven1

If your purchased activated serial number for Premiere Elements 10 is trapped in a crashed computer, then only Adobe can help you.

You should be able to take care of that using online Adobe Chat Activation and the link

Contact Customer Care

for

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID and Signing In

Adobe ID, Signing In, Account Information

Adobe allows the customer to have the purchased activated serial number on no more than 2 of the customer's computers. And, then using them one at a time.

It is up to Adobe how it will treat your particular situation.

Please let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR