2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2014 3:10 PM by the_wine_snob

Audio Difficulty

Chad Stearns

When I add a video clip from the Organizer or a file on my pc to the Editor, there is no audio attached to the clip.  The audio file is flatline.  When I view the file in the Organizer, the audio is fine.  What am I missing?

• 1. Re: Audio Difficulty
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Chad Searns

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are the properties of this video clip that you are trying to import into some version of Premiere Elements on some computer operating system? Please explain

there is no audio attached to the clip.  The audio file is flatline.

Are you saying that you can see a file on Audio 1, but no wave forum is displaying there (with the correct audio display style?

What are you or the program setting as the project preset for this project based on the properties of the source media?

Please describe your computer and its resources?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on this computer?

Are you working Run As Administrator and from a User Account with Administrastive Privileges?

More later.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Audio Difficulty
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Chad,

Welcome to the forum.

Also, when you Import your AV files from Organizer to PrE, are you allowing PrE time to Conform your Audio? Depending on the specs. of the multiplexed Audio, the Duration of the Clip(s), and the speed of one's computer, this might be almost instantaneous, or might take a few moments. If one Imports, and then immediately drags the Clip(s) to the Timeline, Conforming might not have time to complete. This Tips & Tricks article might have some useful insight on Conforming of the Audio: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3892177#3892177

Good luck,

Hunt