2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2014 1:26 PM by elainecc

Scroll n' Scrub video

jermerqua

Is there an way that makes Scroll n' scrub html5 video easier via Adobe Edge and/or reflow vs. having to be so knee-deep into the code? Example site for what i mean by Scroll n' Scrub video

Thanks - JG

• 1. Re: Scroll n' Scrub video
          jermerqua Level 1

Im taking the radio silence as a "not possible". With that said is there a place for feature requests? This capability would make for some very rich examples.

Functionality could work like this.

a) Improt video

b) Embedd and apply size & proportion

c) Target video sequence and Apply scroll distance, relative to frames of video.

d) Upon completion scroll automatically begins to move down the page

.... I guess now that I am writing this out I think a simple PNG sequence is another great way to do this. So following this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywbgHqc3C0M But instead of animating properties you export a PNG sequence. Is there an easy way to do that so that the layers don't get out of hand and you don't need to turn visibility on and off on each layer???

• 2. Re: Scroll n' Scrub video
            elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, JG-

Radio silence in this case was "the engineering team tries not to work weekends."    Anyway, to answer your question, there is currently no native video support, though it is something we're considering for a future release.

That being said, you can accomplish what you're trying to do with some minimal code and triggers.  You should be able to either embed your video on the main HTML, as handcoded HTML (or what we call "static HTML") is automatically placed at the bottom of the visibility stack.  Then, you can make calls to your video to pause using triggers.

Hope that gives you an idea of how you might approach the problem.

Thanks,

-Elaine

1 person found this helpful