7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2014 1:22 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign Crashing on launch

Reizvoll

every time i launch the program it closes out in error. i have signed in and out of CC and removed all non system fonts. nothing has helped.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled.

please assist

• 1. Re: InDesign Crashing on launch
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

What operating system? Is InDesign patched to version 9.2?

Do you have a font manager, and if so is it the latest version?

• 2. Re: InDesign Crashing on launch
            Reizvoll Level 1

Windows 8. InDesign version: 9.2.0.69  No font manager

The Error log is very short...

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 9.2.0.69, time stamp: 0x52979a87

Faulting module name: SETTINGSINCLOUD.APLN, version: 9.2.0.69, time stamp: 0x52979f77

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001c829

Faulting process id: 0x10b0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf1a585af41595

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC\Plug-ins\SETTINGSINCLOUD\SETTINGSINCLOUD.APLN

Report Id: 1d1d3d97-864c-11e3-be95-bc5ff44cc3fa

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

anything else you need I will provide. i need this up and running for coursework.  Thank you so much

• 3. Re: InDesign Crashing on launch

It looks like the problem is with Synch Settings, and I really don't know what to tell you to do.

It won't hurt to try trashing the prefs (Replace Your Preferences). Did it ever launch? Will it run if you create a new user account in Windows 8 and try that? Have you launched the Desktop Application and signed in? Have you tried quitting the Desktop Application (from the panel menu, not just closing the window) and relaunching it?

• 4. Re: InDesign Crashing on launch
                Reizvoll Level 1

I have tried trashing the prefs. just downloaded it today it has never launched fully. ill try another user account.  I have signed out and back into the CC desktop client from the Preferances/account tab. ill update again once i try the new windows account

• 5. Re: InDesign Crashing on launch

Are you running a font manager? If so remove the plugin and try again. You might also want to try temporarily turning off antivirus.

I don't use the synch function (barely use CC), but if you can change the settings in the desktop app to turn it off, that might help, too.

• 6. Re: InDesign Crashing on launch
                    Reizvoll Level 1

Using an alternate windows account profile works. InDesign launches and i can manipulate files. anyway to fix it so i can use it on my main windows profile?

to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 7. Re: InDesign Crashing on launch

Rename the Adobe folders in AppData Local and Roaming sections of the first user profile, then copy the ones fromt he new profile and paste them into the old. See if that works.