4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 8:34 AM by JonD

Video flicker from Text

JonD

I'm using PE10, and when i use text/animated text the video tends to jump/flicker during the duration of the text.  I thought it might of ironed itself out when turned into a video file or uploaded to Youtube but it doesn't.  This is a new problem.  I've made numerous videos with lots of text/animated text with the same set-up/editor in the past with no problems.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Video flicker from Text
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JonD

Have we gone down the road with you regarding display problems specifically related to Premiere Elements 10 and NVIDIA video cards?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

Have you tried to apply Field Options/Flicker Removal or Motion Panel expanded/Anti-Flicker?

Let us explore the above and then move on to the specifics of project preset and source media properties.

Do not hesitate to ask for clarification if needed.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Video flicker from Text
            JonD Level 1

Nobody's gone down the road with me regarding display problems/PE 10/NVIDIA video cards.

I tried using Field Options>Flicker Removal and Motion Panel>Anti-Flicker and while there was an improvement tthe problem remained.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Video flicker from Text
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JonD

Does your computer use a NVIDIA video card?

If you have Premiere Elements 10 and the computer uses a NVIDIA video card, then definitely explore display issues and the roll back of the NVIDIA video card driver version as per the others caught up in this Premiere Elements 10 NVIVIA video card syndrome. You may have to roll back the driver as far back as January 2013.

If you use different footage and/or go to a new project, does your problem persist?

More later.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 4. Re: Video flicker from Text
                JonD Level 1

My computer does ave an NVIDIA card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M)

The current driver is version 9.18.13.2702 (29/08/2013), it rolled back to version 8.15.11.8647 (27/07/2009) with no improvement.

I tried a new project with the flickering still persisting, same as when i try different footage.

Thanks