5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2014 2:57 PM by A.T. Romano

windows 8 and premiere elements 10

Sandi254

I have premiere elements 10 on disk. Will not load on my new computer with windows 8. Anyone know what I can do about this. Spent hours looking for an answer, came up empty.

• 1. Re: windows 8 and premiere elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandi254

I have Premiere Elements 10 installed on Windows 8.1 64 bit (before that on Windows 8 64 bit).

Are you encountering any "Shared Techologies" errors when you go to install the program? If not....

Are you able to install Premiere Elements 10 successfully so that it appears in the list of installed programs

in the Control Panel/Installed Programs area?

If applicable to what you encounter, if you click on the desktop icon, how far do you get with the initializing of the program and the other activities before the program opens?

Classical Questions:

a. What is your video card? Do you have 2 or 1 video card? Is the video card a NVIDIA one? If so, you might be involved

in the following

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

b. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with version 10?

c. Are you running the program Run As Administrator and/or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

More later.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: windows 8 and premiere elements 10
            Sandi254 Level 1

Thanks, but I don't know what video card I have...or how to find that

info. When I put the disk in it just sits there. Computer won't read it.

I put in the disk for windows 7, because that was the latest version in

the pack. There is no disk for windows 8. I am not very computer savvy.

I try to let the computer do what it needs to do, and sit back and wait

for the program to load. Thanks for trying to help, but you are way

above my level.

• 3. Re: windows 8 and premiere elements 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandi254

Thanks for the reply.

We can move forward at whatever level you want. The important thing is that we get you moving forward with your Premiere Elements 10 projects on your Windows 8 computer. That Windows 8 computer could be 32 bit or 64 bit system. For now, I will assume 64 bit unless you tell me otherwise.

If you are working from an installation disc, then I am guessing that you purchase Premiere Elements 10 in a boxed version. In that case, you probably have several discs in that packaging. I suspect that you may have selected the wrong disc.

Let us check that out first. If you have Premiere Elements 10 and you want to install that on Windows 8 64 bit system, then you use the disc that should be labelled DISC 2 of 5. Only after you have installed the program, then you use DISC 4 of 5 to install the Content (Instant Movie Themes, Disc Menus, etc).

So, first order of things...

a. Can you confirm that you have 64 bit system for your Windows 8? Yes would help but answer is not necessary if you do not know at this time. We should find the answer moving forward.

b. Can you insert the Premiere Elements 10 DISC 2 of 5 and move forward with the installation of the program? Do you see the serial number included on the case for the discs?

c. After you install the program, can you use DISC 4 of 5 to install the Content?

There are a few pitfalls to watch out for...

a. You probably have discs for Windows or Mac computer. You only want the right one for a Windows operating system.

b. There are disc there for a Windows 32 bit or 64 bit system. You want the one for the 64 bit system.

Please read the information on each of the disc if you have not already.

Please let me know if you are OK with the details just written and if you can work with them.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: windows 8 and premiere elements 10
                Sandi254 Level 1

Thanks, it is 64 bit. I will keep working on it. If I run into anymore

problems, I will write again.

Sandy

• 5. Re: windows 8 and premiere elements 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandy

Thanks for the reply.

We will be watching for your progress when you get the time.

First priority is to get that program installed and your projects moving along.

Best wishes

ATR