2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2014 3:28 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements Organizer keeps crashing after new install.  Running WIN 8

Hofilena

Hi,

After installing Premier Elements Organizer, when I launch Organizer, the program crashes.  Please help.  I'm running WIN 8.

• 1. Re: Premier Elements Organizer keeps crashing after new install.  Running WIN 8
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you receive any error message?

Please post the hardware details for your computer

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

-If Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: Premier Elements Organizer keeps crashing after new install.  Running WIN 8
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Hofilena

What version of Premiere Elements are you running on Windows 8 (assumed 64 bit)? For now I will assume you are working with Premiere Elements 12.

Open a new Premiere Elements 12 project to the Expert workspace.

In the Expert workspace, hold down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys altogether as you use the mouse cursor to left click and hold the click on the Organizer Tab at the bottom left of the Expert workspace. With the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys held down, hold the mouse click for about 15 seconds. At the end of the 15 seconds, release just the mouse click. You should get a pop up with the question

"Delete the Elements Organizer Settings File?". Click Yes. Now release the hold down on the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys.

Once in the Elements Organizer (provided no more crashes), you might want to create a new catalog using File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager.

This worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you also.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR