5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2014 7:47 AM by A.T. Romano

What file do I play on my computer in a AVCHD disk folder created with premier elements 12?

Phantomkeeper Level 1

What file do I play on my computer in a AVCHD disk folder created with premier elements 12?

• 1. Re: What file do I play on my computer in a AVCHD disk folder created with premier elements 12?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phantomkeeper

The Premiere Elements 12 Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD, burn to Folder (4.7 GB) generates a BDMV Folder. In that BDMV Folder is the STREAM Folder. And, in that STREAM Folder is your video file named 00000.m2ts which you should be able play back on your computer.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: What file do I play on my computer in a AVCHD disk folder created with premier elements 12?
            Phantomkeeper Level 1

The 00000.m2ts file is the edited video but I was looking for the file like the VIDEO_TS file that plays from the menu in a DVD folder. The 00001 and 00002 files in the same STREAM folder are the main menu and scene menu files that have been created. Do you know which file will play the menu selection and play the scenes that are selected?

• 3. Re: What file do I play on my computer in a AVCHD disk folder created with premier elements 12?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phantomkeeper

Just in case note...the DVD-VIDEO folders/files structure is different from that of the AVCHD format.

For DVD-VIDEO (burn to folder)

VIDEO_TS Folder

and your menus are typically found in VTS_01_0.VOB file in the VIDEO_TS Folder

and your video is typically found in VTS_01_0.VOB file in the VIDEO_TS Folder

For AVCHD format (burn to folder)

BDMV Folder

and your video is typically 00000.m2ts file in the STREAM Folder

and your menus are typically 00001.m2ts and 00002.m2ts files  in the StREAM Folder.

If you want a single file (not yet on a disc) that will play back your Premiere Elements export, then I think you need a consider disc image file (.iso or .vdd).

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/11/pe12-disc-imagephantom-burner-pe.html

If you take the BDMV Folder from the Premiere Elements AVCHD (with menus) burn to folder into a 3rd party software like ImgBurn, you can put the BDMV Folder on a DVD or Blu-ray disc (to get BDMV Folder and an added CERTIFICATE Folder) and play that back with menus on a Blu-ray player that supports those formats on a supported disc type.

You wrote

but I was looking for the file like the VIDEO_TS file that plays from the menu in a DVD folder.

I have never gotten the VIDEO_TS.VOB file (standalone file) in the VIDEO_TS Folder to playback with a computer player or any other. So, please explain how you have accomplished this, including the player name and whether standalone or computer.

Please review. If you need clarification on anything written, please do not hesitate to ask. The situation above is my take on the matter.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: What file do I play on my computer in a AVCHD disk folder created with premier elements 12?
                Phantomkeeper Level 1

Thank you very much for your help. I have just bought the Sony HDRPJ790 and am trying to work out the best way to keep my movies now. I am use to making a copy on DVD and like the feature to be able to skip to a scene. The AVCHD files loose a lot of quailty if I save to DVD so I was trying to have the same scene selection by playing the AVCHD file from my computer to the TV. I will have an experiment with the third party software as you suggested.

• 5. Re: What file do I play on my computer in a AVCHD disk folder created with premier elements 12?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Phantomkeeper

Thanks for the update.

We will be looking forward to further developments.

Do you have a computer player that will play back AVCHD DVD (an export that can include menus)? If so, will a HDMI connection between computer to TV allow you to view the computer playback on your TV and navigate from the computer the scene you are seeing on the TV?

I may give that a run through later in the day.

More later.

ATR