5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2014 3:51 AM by kaysteve

PowerPoint into Video in Captivate

hanncoom

I've imported a PowerPoint into Adobe Captivate but when I play it, it doesn't play as a continuous video.

Am I doing anything wrong? Can someone let me know the steps I need to follow?

• 1. Re: PowerPoint into Video in Captivate
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

When you import PPT, you have an option on the dialog you see that determines how slides will progress. The default is "on mouse click". This will place a Click Box object on each slide that pauses playback until the user clicks.

tmp1.png

If you have already imported and don't want to import again, edit one of the click boxes and remove the pause, then apply the changes to all the other click boxes as shown below:

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: PowerPoint into Video in Captivate
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Oh, and if you truly want a "video" type of recording, you will need to configure Captivate to capture a Video demo and simply record the PPT presentation as it plays.

Cheers... Rick

• 3. Re: PowerPoint into Video in Captivate
              hanncoom Level 1

Hi, even when I choose the advance automatically option and untick pause project until user clicks, it still pauses so it doesn't progress onto the next slide automatically?

• 4. Re: PowerPoint into Video in Captivate
                Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

In that case, check the timing in Powerpoint: when objects have to appear is it done by clicking or with the option 'After...'. If any event is triggered in PPT by a click, this will be taken over in the 'translation' to Captivate.

Lilybiri

• 5. Re: PowerPoint into Video in Captivate
                  kaysteve Level 1

Adobe Captivate is also a best video capture application for converting your PowerPoint presentation into video. But you will get only AVI file format if you want to convert it into different file format then you need to use other converter that is capable of converting your presentation to other file format. I wanted my presentation to be in MP4 file format but by using Adobe Captivate it is not possible. Then one of my friend recommended me to use PowerPoint to Video Converter software which helped me to convert my presentation into a video.