1 2 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 7:14 AM by A.T. Romano

Timelapse Video prem12

mantiboa892 Level 1

The rendering of the video is finished. The timelapse was almost 2hrs. What i need to do now is shorten this or speed up to see the movemnet of the aurora.

I have no idea what to do next. I am afraid to press on anything in case it vanishes and i wont know how to get it back. What about transitions what does that involve.? I imagine there many other things i can do with it but I'll keep it simple at the moment. The most important now is to shorten it.

• 1. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

Open the Premiere Elements project where you have the Timeline track set up with your photo in sequence.

Select all in the series, right click anywhere in the highlight, select Time Stretch, and that set the duration that you want for each photo.

The duration is represented by 00;00;00;00 which is hours;minutes;seconds;frames. If you are in a 30 frames per second system, then 1 frame = 0.033 seconds. Experiment with 1 to 5 frames for the duration.

How many photos are in the series? What is the total duration that you would like to have for the Time Lapse which is now at 2 hours?

Did you get a chance to read my Time Lapse Basics blog?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
            mantiboa892 Level 1

the thing is the video is now ,as far as i understand finished after the rendering and can be viewed but it is no good like this ,it's 2hrs. So i need to change the duration to about 5 minutes. I read somewhere else that frames are cut out to reduce the duration which is not good because then i lose some of the footage. i dont want to lose the changes in the aurora. Well i dont understand it really.

Yes i read the blog but by that time the video was in the middle of rendering.each frame was taken at 6 second intervals for almost 2hrs. About 5 minutes i need for video.

• 3. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
              mantiboa892 Level 1

Well what i found was TIMESTRETCH when clicking on CLIP .on the TIMESTRETCH there is aplace to type in duration but there are 4 time (im not familiar with terms here) settings eg.00 00 00 00 hrs ,mins,secs and i assume millisecs. So im goung to try this now.

• 4. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

You should do OK with what I have described for adjusting the duration of the photos in series on the Timeline.

Are you saying that you want to change the total duration of the Timeline from 2 hours to 5 minutes?

If problems persist, please tell me how many photos are in the series and what you want for the total duration of the Time Lapse video.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                  mantiboa892 Level 1

i set the time to 5 minutes that worked but not much activity going on there.What about speed ? it seems slow but i still dont fully understand it. yes the duration has to be shorter to see the movement of the auraor but i think at this point the aurora activity seems to be low so no visible changes..the alternative is to take a series of still shots at differents times during that night when the aurora was more acive,This i guess will taing longer to drag down and not so easy i noticed,but i might get a better production that way. But the speed of the existing seems to be related to the time duration,or ?? this is a part i cant understand cos there is no function to change speed as far as i see here. i'll see again.

can i edit the saturation in premiere or must be done in ps first.?

• 6. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                    mantiboa892 Level 1

I switched back to QUICK and now i see what you mean about the frames all lined up there....

Sorry i dont always remember what you have written..lol...its just back and forth all the time. this oo oo oo oo ...the last you said= frames ...dont understand that part.

• 7. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

FIrst the saturation...

In Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace...check out

fx Effects

Advanced Adjustments

Image Control

• drag the Image Control effect into a clip, for now say yes to having it applied to the whole clip...this brings in the feature of Adjustment Layer, more on that another time
                      • after you select that Timeline clip with the Image Control applied, go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Image Control Panel expanded where you will see options for Brightness, Contrast, Hue, and Saturation.

I am going to give you some Time Lapse calculations for you to explore.

Back soon.

ATR

• 8. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                        mantiboa892 Level 1

I¨m afraid something is not working.I noticed when scrolling thru those timelapse frames in windows photogallery that is some movement of the aurora but i dont htink that this video worked atall in the editor because should also be movement of the stars and there was none. Also other problems with pictures suddenly turning up at the top ...really challenging this is trying to control this editor. The scroll at the right side is difficult to control.moves too fast and images so small you cant see them properly. I clicked on instant movie as i said and render and that took 2 hrs this shows up in the folder but is no good as too long. The others where i tried to change the time now have ended up in a format that cant be seen. But in any case i dont think it wven made a video. So i left that and tried to drag down other still shots of more active aurora,but these are not timelapse. It is difficult to see the pictures and in the end suddenly they disappeared and ended up with a long line of the same frame. After dragging about 20 frames down they were in narrow clip and didnt know how to organise that. Very difficult.Also some of them needed straightening which i had done in photogallery but they were not straight,some of them when imported to editor. So a hell of a lot to sort out. The saturation edit ....just ende up all one colour. I think this is better in PS. so I have cancelled all that.It didnt work with the first video ......no movement atall.

• 9. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

I think it best to leave Instant Movie out of the equation until you work through the details of getting a series of great photos into Premiere Elements, set the appropriate duration of the effect, and then export for a great Time Lapse video.

You may be well beyond the point of setting the current duration from your 2 hours Timeline into 5 minutes, but I am going to go over an example, just in case.

Assumptions

a. You are working in a 30 frames per second system

b. You have a Timeline with a 2 hours duration and photos each with a 5 second duration.

c. All are placed sequentially and are edit beforehand in Photoshop Elements or some other photo editor. The photos should be resized beforehand no more 1920 x 1080 pixels.

All these kinds of details are in my blog post already cited.

We are going to setup for a 5 minute Time Lapse from this 2 hour Timeline.

2 hours = 120 minutes = 7200 seconds

5 minutes = 300 seconds

If your photos are each 5 seconds in duration, then you have 1440 photos.

We want 1440 photos in 300 seconds instead of 7200, so what duration do we set for each photo?

Duration of each photo = total time in seconds/total number of photos = 300 seconds/1440 photos = 0.208 seconds.

What we are going to do it to select all the photos, right click any where in the selection, select Time Stretch from the pop up, and set the duration in the Time Stretch dialog for what we want. But, the Time Stretch dialog presents 00;00;00;00 (hours;minutes;seconds; frames). So, how are our 0.208 seconds entered.

The 0.208 is less than 1 second so it needs be converted to frames. If 30 frames per second, then ? frames for 0.208 seconds. The answer equal 30 frames per second/0.208 seconds = 6.24 frames.

So, in the Time Stretch dialog, set the duration of 6 frames (forget about the .24 frames). It should look like 00;00;00;06

If you want to abandon all of the above, just go by the guideline to explore the Time Stretch duration from 1 to 5 frames as I suggested back in post 1 when I wrote:

The duration is represented by 00;00;00;00 which is hours;minutes;seconds;frames. If you are in a 30 frames per second system, then 1 frame = 0.033 seconds. Experiment with 1 to 5 frames for the duration.

So, your Time Stretch setting might be one of the following in your experimentation for a photo duration in frames....

00;00;00;01

00;00;00;02

00;00;00;03

00;00;00;04

00;00;00;05

or as per the above example

00;00;00;06

The are all sorts of variation on this as per the links that I gave you to check out.

This handles very easily so let us go step by step to make sure that all is in sync.

Please review and let me know where we focus next. Also, include some explanation how the Instant movie is going to improve anything in this Time Lapse video.

More later.

ATR

• 10. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                            mantiboa892 Level 1

thanks alot for yr help. The more i try to do in this programm the more i see that i dont understand anything. I think the next thing i need to do is to get other shots ,eg. not part of that sequence out of prem12 organiser but dont know how to delete them.

There seems to be a problem with the scroll on that ,it is unstable ...cant slide it smoothly as in PSHOP. This is a big problem. Also when you move the cursor across the page something will pop up without clicking on anything. I use a laptop with touchpad.

• 11. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

What you have in the Elements Organizer 12 are thumbnails that trace back to the originals on the computer hard drive. When it comes to deletion and the Elements Organizer is involved, you need to decide whether

a. You want to delete just the copies that represent the originals that are on the hard drive

b. You want to delete both the Elements Organizer thumbnail representations AND the originals on the hard drive

But never delete, move, rename original files or folders on hard drive if they are still be used in the Elements Organizer or an existing project. If you do that, you will be in for some nasty media reconnect problems in this Adobe scheme of copies that trace back to originals.

As for stability issues...this may be related to too many photos, but, in particular, too many oversized photos...what are the pixel dimensions of each of those photos in the Time Lapse series? More than 1920 x 1080? And, when you bring them into a project, what is the duration for each at import before any duration changes with Time Stretch?

Do some mini test run projects and take another look at my blog post details using them for a mini test run.

We will be watching for your results. I think that a lot will go into place soon.

ATR

• 12. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                mantiboa892 Level 1

Ok thanks.I looked at the size of pixels in those timelapse frames and they are very high.HEIGHT=3286pixels WIDTH= 5076pixels

So I dont know how im going to change that lot. I found the info in windows photogallery. The sequence of the time-lapse starts at 1014 and the last frame is numbered 1246. The exposure as i mentioned is every 6seconds.

1. I have to change the size.....

2.Would be better if i could delete other photos there. ( there photos taken over 3 days that went onto the prem: organiser)

I was able to delete the first day say so that removed some. Im still working on that but there are other photos included on the night of the timelapse. Dont see a place to delete photos individually ( I dont delete from hard drive)

The duration imort time is immediate. Its the scrolling that is a problem it doesnt run smoothly as it does say in PS10 OR IN WINDOWS. It's when they are in prem; editor that they shift around too quickly when scrolling. Also a large phot jumps up behind the thumbnails and i dont know why or how that happens. It would be good for me to see on video the workflow of this cos it seem too difficult. Or maybe on Skype to be able talk directly to someone.very difficult writing so much.

So the next most imp step is to change the size of all the photos.

• 13. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

For the moment forget about the Elements Organizer and what is in it or not.

Those 3286 x 5076 pixels files have got to be saved to the computer hard drive somewhere.

Can you find them and put them in one folder if they are not already? Do you have Photoshop Elements Full Editor and do you know how to use its File Menu/Process Multiple Files to batch resize your photos in that folder? It is a close call, but I am going to call those photos 16:9. Batch resize them to JPEG Highest and 1920 x 1080 pixels. You will end up with a folder with all your photos as 1920 x 1080 in sequence.

Then set up Premiere Elements with the 1080p project preset cited previously. Leave the Still image duration in preferences at 150 frames (that is equivalent to 5 seconds). Then use Add Media/Files and Folders to import the FOLDER with the resized photos in order (WHOLE FOLDER) into Project Assets. From Project Assets drag the whole folder to the Timeline video track 1. This action will deposit all your 1920 x 1080 photos in sequence to Timeline. Inspect what you have. Edit in or out at this point.

Then we can go through the drill of changing the duration of each photos in the series from 5 seconds to anywhere from 1 to 5 frames via Time Stretch.

Try to get all you photo edits in before you introduce Premiere Elements into the equation. If edits are needed in Premiere Elements then we will deal with them as they come.

Does the plan sound OK?

More later.

ATR

• 14. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                    mantiboa892 Level 1

thanks a lot. Yes the plan sounds fine,i just have to see what i can do and see how it goes. I have little experience with photoshop, i use it only for correcting exposure of certain photos ,blowing up sometimes and cropping. I dont put all files in PS. Now i have put in the photor in PS and see now if i get those timelapse frames into one folder,something i havent done before so dont know how to but i'll follow your instructions. If i have problems i'll let y ou know. but im sure i will have.

• 15. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

Sounds fine. Just do not delete any prior photos until we sort things out (maybe just put them aside). You probably have some great shots there that just need to be worked into a Time Lapse workflow.

ATR

• 16. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                        mantiboa892 Level 1

I got the photos into PS el 10 and firstly i went to fix and clicked auto smart fix but the origanal is better and tried to UNDO in edit at top bar but it says not available to UNDO. So that is strange. Why? I need to revert back to original .

2. How do i then get the timelapse sequence into ONE folder as the next step.?

• 17. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                          mantiboa892 Level 1

ok i managed to revert back original. So im searching on the net how to get that sequence into  a folder that is in psel10.

• 18. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                            nealeh Level 5

Take a look at my Reply #37 in Tips & Tricks - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798?tstart=0. It's for PSE7 but will be much the same for all versions onwards.

Cheers,
                                            --
                                            Neale
                                            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 19. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

Need some information to get me focused for an answer to your posts numbered 16 and 17.

Where were your photos immediately before you took them into Photoshop Elements 10? Do you have Photoshop Elements 12?

Think about scenario

1. Are the photos batched resized? Did you do that in Photoshop Elements Full Editor/File Menu/Process Multiple Files/? If so, you have your sized photos in a folder saved to wherever you designated.

2. What happened next? If you made edits in Photoshop Elements 10 on any of the photos saved in that desktop folder and saved the changes, the photos in the folder will reflect the change. If you close the photo without saving, the photo in the desktop saved folder will remain unchanged.

3. When you want to get that desktop folder (inside is its sized photos in series), then...

Open Premiere Elements and import the whole folder (Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets) and then drag the whole folder icon to the Timeline. When the folder hits the Timeline, the folder view of it will be replaced with a view of all your photos that were inside the folder now appearing in series on the Timeline Video Track 1.

4. Next step Time Stretch.

Please see prior detailed account on this. If we are not in sync on this, please let me know where?

Have you fully explored Photoshop Elements 10 Undo icon, Ctrl +Z keyboard shortcut command, and Window Menu/History?

Thanks.

ATR

• 20. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

From your latest report, I do not see where resizing of your photos is an issue. It appeared that you are beyond that and are trying to edit your images in ways other than sizing.

Consequently exploring alternative ways to size photos would not seem indicated at this time when there are more pressing Time Lapse logistics to work through, that is, getting your photos in sequence in a folder and that folder into Premiere Elements where you can set your photo duration to get the Time Lapse effect wanted.

You have step by step instructions for that. Please define where you are and where you are going off the path already defined.

Thanks.

ATR

• 21. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                  mantiboa892 Level 1

well no i dont have elements 12 otherwise i wouldnt be working with 10.I cant resize 260 photos individually. It should have been set in the camera but wasnt told this by the photographer who took me on this aurora tour.

• 22. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                    mantiboa892 Level 1

ps el 10 is full of fotos of course and the time lapse sequence is in the middle of that lot.Cant see this going anywhere

• 23. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

You wrote

ps el 10 is full of fotos of course and the time lapse sequence is in the middle of that lot

Photoshop Elements 10 has only copies of all your photos in Photoshop Elements 10. And, those copies trace back to the originals at the hard drive save location.

Wherever those original Time Lapse photos are on the computer hard drive, go there, copy all of the Time Lapse photos, and then put them into a new folder that you have created on the computer desktop for them. If the photos were shot in sequence, I would assume that the file name of each will be in sequence. Consequently, all these copies in your desktop new folder will be in sequence.

If the photos were not shot in sequence, once you have them isolated in new folder, rename them so that they will be appear in sequence in that folder. But if one photo is taken after another in time, I would think that the file names would reflect that, and the isolated files would be in sequence?

This folder could be used in a Photoshop Elements 10 Full Editor/Process Multiple Files scheme and subsequently as the folder imported into the Premiere Elements 12 project.

Are there any other details about your situation not previously mentioned that would conflict with the above?

ATR

• 24. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                        mantiboa892 Level 1

I can find them on the hard drive yes the timelapse sequence but there are other  photos. included..

1. how do i copy the timelapse only ? I also dnt se where i can find a folder here to put them in. Can you give me step by step route. I dont undrstand how.When i go to the hard drive i type in search  the titel is Finland. The photos i took in Finland come up and there are other photos included in that, i need to separate them. These photos in anycase are already in PSEL10 ORGANISER.

• 25. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

Let us give this a try...I am assuming that you have Windows 7 64 bit. I could not find that information in our prior discussions.

Go to your computer Desktop.

Right click a blank space on the computer Desktop, select New, and then folder.

new.jpg

That will put an empty folder on your computer Desktop. Name the folder "Time Lapse Originals" or something like that.

Go to wherever these Time Lapse original photos are on the hard drive. Open the folder that they are mixed in. Hold down the Ctrl key of the computer main keyboard as you click the photos that you want. That will select more than one photo at a time. You can do this as a bunch at a time if that is easier. Let say you have selected 20, click any where in the selection, from the pop up select Copy.

Then go back to the Desktop, open the "Time Lapse Originals" Folder, right click the empty space you see, select Paste from the pop up menu and click on it. You will then have 20 of the Time Lapse photos inside the Time Lapse Originals Folder. Once there you can change if you view the photos as names or as thumbnails.

Go back and do the same for the rest of these photos until you have all of them in that Desktop folder.

If there is any problems with the above or if I am off on the computer operating system, please let me know and I will fine tune. Do you see any pitfalls in this plan?

ATR

• 26. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                            mantiboa892 Level 1

thanks . yes windows 7 64bit. I'll read this tomorrow as it is almost 1am where i am so need to sleep now.

• 27. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

I know that 1 am feeling. It is only 6:51 pm here.

Check out your new thread for my reply on the Elements Organizer 12 question about changing pixels for frames in the Elements Organizer. I think that you meant changing pixel dimensions for your Time Lapse photos working from the Elements Organizer 12 instead of Photoshop Elements 10 or 12 Full Editor/File Menu/Process Multiple Files. Compare the pros and cons if that is what you seek.

If you keep to copies of the originals, you should do just fine. But, close attention to the naming since you do not want to get confused with too many files with the same name.

Thanks.

ATR

• 28. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Mantiboa892,

ps el 10 is full of fotos of course and the time lapse sequence is in the middle of that lot.Cant see this going anywhere

For batch Scaling your original Still Images, in either Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements, this article might be of help to you: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2119226#2119226

When I plan on doing a batch Scaling of my Still Images, whether to be used in a Time-lapse, or as individual Images, I use this workflow:

1. Copy the desired Images to a new folder, so that nothing will be done to the originals - I am very careful with all of my original material.
                                                                2. Set up Photoshop with an Action to do the exact Scaling, that I need, with a Save_As to PSD (Photoshop's native format, and one that Premiere works well with).
                                                                3. Go to File>Automate>Batch, and point it to that new folder, with the Copies of my Images, link to that Action, then set the Destination to another new folder, usually called "Scaled_Images."
                                                                4. I then just hit OK, when all of my settings have been plugged in, and go get a cup of coffee. It takes about 1 min. to Scale about 500 of my 4000 x 3000 PSD Images to match my pixel x pixel Frame Size for the Video, on my workstation, so the coffee isn't even finished, by the time that the Automate>Batch has completed.
                                                                5. I now have the folder with the Copies of my originals, in case I need to do something else with them, and a folder full of PSD's, that have been properly Scaled for the Video.
                                                                6. I just Import those Scaled Images into Premiere.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

• 29. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

From what Mantiboa892 has written recently, these Time Lapse photos are scattered and, although resizing is part of the equation, it is down the road from getting copies of these scattered photos rounded up and in one folder.

The resizing appears to be the easy part of all this if we can get to that stage which is our goal in the next 24 hours. Mantiboa892 is in another time zone, so we should not be learning of any further developments until tomorrow.

ATR

• 30. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I posted that, because I was driectly requested to, by Maniboa892, who was having issues Scaling Images. I hope that it is helpful.

Hunt

• 31. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                      mantiboa892 Level 1

This all getting very confusing. I think we maybe talking at cross purposes here.

I wannt the simplest route.

The terms have to be clear.

1. As stated I have photoshop el. 10

2. I have PREMIERE EL, 12.

When you mean PREMIERE  can you say that because  saying ELEMENTS12 is not clear.

Now I have photos of course on the hard drive.

2. I have the timelapse sequence on PREMIEIRE ORGANISER.( I HAVE DELETED ALL OTHER IMAGES IN PREMIERE ORGANISER.

3. i ALSO HAVE THAT SEQUENCE OF TIMELAPSE IN ONE BATCH OF COURSE IN (PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 10.

4. iT SEEMS I CAN EDIT PHOTOS FROM THE PREMIERE ORGANISER BY CLICKING ON (EDIT) AND ON THERE IT SAYS (EDIT WITH PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS. ( I ASSUME I CAN DO THIS BUT DO THEM INDIVIDUALLY EVEN THO IT TAKES TIME.  ( ISEE THIS AS BEING LEAST COMPLICATED ROUTE ALBEIT TIME CONSUMING.

5. IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE PIXELS FROM (5076X3286 TO THE CORRECT SIZE ALL AT ONCE WOULD SAVE TIME.

6. AS I SAID SIMPLE IS THE BEST.

oK ..RECAP---THE TIMELAPSE SEQUENCE IS IN (PREMIERE ORGANISER  12.) AND ONLY THIS.

thanks all who have tried to help.

• 32. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                        mantiboa892 Level 1

Romano. ....I havent had time to read that you sent last night. (ABOUT THE FOLDER) that could be useful for me anyway as i dont know how to do that. I'll read it some time today. thanks

• 33. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                          nealeh Level 5

If all you have left in the Organizer is the Time Lapse photos then use Ctrl-A to select them all then from the menus File> Export as New Files will do the trick. Fill in the parameters as discussed earlier. For what you want,  you can do it all in the Organizer, no need to open the Editor at all.

Cheers,
                                                                          --
                                                                          Neale

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 34. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                            mantiboa892 Level 1

ok thanks. What about the resizing of pixel dimensions. ? I see i can do this in photoshop el.10. I click on file and PSEL.10 COMES UP AS AN OPTION TO EDIT THESE TIMELAPSE FRAMES THERE. So it seems i cna resize there but only one by one as far as i understand.The pixel dimensions are to big for making a timelapse video.

• 35. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                              nealeh Level 5

You can also do it in the Organizer File> Export As New Files. Select 'Custom' under size and enter 1920 x 1080. See the screen shots in Reply# 37 of the topic linked above in Replies 18 & 28.

Cheers,
                                                                              --
                                                                              Neale

• 36. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

Preface

Getting in sync about programs in use and their names. You say that you have Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 12. Each of these programs comes with their own Elements Organizer. Photoshop Elements 10 with Elements Organizer 10 and Premiere Elements 12 with Elements Organizer 12. I do not use abbreviations for these program to avoid confusion.

When you have Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements with the same version number on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer catalog with your photos. You do not have this situtation since instead of Photoshop Elements 12/Premiere Elements 12 you have Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 12.

Consequently the way into Elements Organizer 12 is Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace and hitting the Organizer Tab at the bottom of the workspace to open into the Elements Organizer 12 workspace.

Are we clear on the above?

Now for your immediate question

(Previously thought to be putting scattered timelapse photos into one place, now with the shifted focus of resizing them.)

Going by your exact words...

I have the timelapse sequence on PREMIEIRE ORGANISER.( I HAVE DELETED ALL OTHER IMAGES IN PREMIERE ORGANISER.

and

oK ..RECAP---THE TIMELAPSE SEQUENCE IS IN (PREMIERE ORGANISER  12.) AND ONLY THIS.

That is telling me that you have the timelapse sequence in the Elements Organizer 12 part of Premiere Elements 12.

a. Select all the Timelapse sequence in the Elements Organizer 12.

If all you have are the timelapse photos then you can use Ctrl + A after you click the first one. If they are scattered which they should not be (according to your description "sequence") then you hold down the Ctrl key and click on all the ones you want to select all at the same time.

b. Go to File Menu/Export As New File(s)

Export.JPG

Under File Type, set for JPEG

Under Size and Quality, click on the triangle next to Photo Size and select Custom from

the drop down list. You will get that Custom Size pop up. I am suggesting a size of

1920 x 1080 pixels..

Under Location. Browse to that new folder that you have created on the hard drive. Name the folder so that there is no other folder around with the same name..

Under Filenames. I would leave that at Original Names.

Then click Export.

You should then find all your timelapse photos in sequence (if they were in sequence in the first place) in that folder on the computer hard drive, all photos with the pixel dimensions of 1920 x 1080 and as jpeg files.

Does that happen?

ATR

• 37. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mantiboa892

I did not see nealeh latest post until after I had posted mine. Just starting my day.

We will be watching for further results.

If and when you want to factor Photoshop Elements 10 and its Elements Organizer 10 into your stated Elements Organizer 12 situation, then detail your intent. Again, I am going on your latest

I have the timelapse sequence on PREMIEIRE ORGANISER.( I HAVE DELETED ALL OTHER IMAGES IN PREMIERE ORGANISER.

and

where there is no mention of Elements Organizer 10.

ATR

• 38. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                                    mantiboa892 Level 1

need some help with this resizing. When you type in those pixel dimensions it automatically adjusts the proportion. There is a box > CONSTRAIN  whcich is checked. If you uncheck it it lets you keep the pixel dimension you type in. But what about the resolution that needs to be adjusted if you uncheck that CONSTRAIN box. I dont know what to do about the resolution adjustment for the 1920x 1080 pixel dimension.

• 39. Re: Timelapse Video prem12
                                                                                      nealeh Level 5

OK, checking back I see your pictures, HEIGHT=3286pixels WIDTH= 5076pixels, are not in the same ratio as Full HD.

3286 / 1080 = 3.04

5076 / 1920 = 2.64

To avoid distortion we'll resize to the one with the highest ratio. So in the resize box, leave constrain checked and enter 1080 pixels as the height. PSE should automatically pop in the width dimension (around 1668).

This will leave a small black border at the edges of your finished video, but I believe that will be better than allowing the images to distort.

Cheers,
                                                                                      --
                                                                                      Neale

1 2 Previous Next