Go to http://ppbm7.com/index.php/tweakers-page and click the link about balanced systems
>240GB Asus ROG Raidr Express PCIe SSD - Windows and Apps
The Samsung 840 Pro is mostly advised by people here
>750W Corsair RM Series Full Modular PSU
I would use larger... Use the Power supply calculator http://extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp (the PRO version has more options) to determine your power supply needs
[Moved to Hardware forum.]
Thanks for the links John. Interesting articles / advice.
Skimming through them, the main take-aways for me seem to be:
1. Drop the Dell monitor for something "good" but not 10 bit capable (probably no point in 10 bit and cheaper )
2. Drop the 780Ti down to a 760 or 770
3. Drop the RAIDR card and replace it with a 256 GB "standard" SSD - like the Samsung Pro (or similar)
4. Drop the 2 x Crucial SSDs for a single SSD (smaller for cache / temp files)
5. Invest the saved money into a decent RAID card and an increased (probably 8) number of HDDs in a RAID5 (7D+1P) set
I've done the PSU calculations and 750w seems OK for the above changes, however, I'll go for the 850w just to be on the safe side.