11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2014 9:32 AM by A.T. Romano

File question

MrKodo

I want to create DVDs using graphics and sound that are in .jpg, .avi, and .wav format. Is this product able to do that?

• 1. Re: File question
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Absolutely!

Although AVIs come in thousands of different flavors. Do you know what codec those AVIs use?

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

• 2. Re: File question
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help

-has links to the FAQ/TIPS pages

• 3. Re: File question
              A.T. Romano Level 7

MrKodo

What is "this product"?

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running.

Generalizing.

Graphics can be .jpg.

Sound can be .wav

Video as an .avi file depends on what kind of .avi. AVI is a file extension (wrapper format) that can wrap various video compression/audio compression. So, you need to be more specific on what kind of .avi.

Please check out Supported Files in the Premiere Elements 12 Help PDF, starting with page 63 on actual page.

http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf

More later with your details.

ATR

• 4. Re: File question
                MrKodo Level 1

Thanks for your help. I think I'll just skip this project - its too

complex to bother with.

• 5. Re: File question
                  MrKodo Level 1

Thanks, that was helpful.

• 6. Re: File question
                    MrKodo Level 1

Thanks very much for your help. I'll check it out.

• 7. Re: File question
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

MrKodo

Many years ago when I encountered my first Adobe product, Photoshop Elements 3, I said to myself "What have I gotten myself into?". When I added Premiere Elements 2 to complement it, the question echo'ed louder. All I started out to do was to salvage a late relative's picture that had gotten damaged with time. I would never have imagined that the technical aspects of these products and me would become so "bonded".

The bottom line is a goal backed up with determination, stick-to-it-tiveness, and wanting to create the best possible photo and/or video product.

So, I would encourage you to think beyond complex. We can help you get started. Once started, photo and video editing become very habit forming as you see more and more photo and video opportunities to explore.

We look forward to the opportunity to assist with your photo and video opportunities when and if needed. Just post your questions and ask for clarification on anything you see written here.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 8. Re: File question
                        MrKodo Level 1

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. As a matter of fact I

solved my problem with a workaround. For some odd reason my Premiere

wouldn't burn a DVD, gave me the message "Audio upmixing is not

allowed." First time I've encountered that. I solved the problem by

creating an avi file in Premiere, with audio and video, and then burning

the DVD in Encore.  That turned out better anyway, for I did a nice menu

and added a couple of other items. Anyway, thanks.

• 9. Re: File question
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

MrKodo

I have not run into the "Audio upmixing is not allowed" and burn to DVD-VIDEO in my works, but I have seen it reported previously online from time to time. The typically remedy seems to be to convert the Timeline to DV AVI and then import that into the project and do the burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

Some explanations using mono to stereo base did not seem to hold up.

You did a great job with the troubleshooting. Continued success.

ATR

• 10. Re: File question
                            MrKodo Level 1

I tried that (convert to avi, put the avi file into the timeline in a

new project file and burn DVD) but it still gave me the same message.

But the Encore workaround did the trick, so I'm finished with the

problem. Again, thanks for your help.

• 11. Re: File question
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

MrKodo

Thanks. That is very good information to have.

ATR