12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2014 11:21 AM by the_wine_snob

Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"

phayl

image Intel graphics.png

Hello I have used the french version of Premier element for years without problems.

One day last week I got the message above and the product was not able to work properly anymore.

My laptop became very slow.

I uninstalled premier element and my computer worked better without this software

I re installed Premier element without concerns and when I tried to use it i got again the message above.

The pilote indicated in the alert (pop up) is the last one available on the Intel web site, So i cannot update much more!

There is a previous version of the pilot but too old to work with new computers

I have windows 7 and a laptop Toshiba Satellite

Please help

• 1. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
            A.T. Romano Level 7

phayl

In cases where you are getting display card errors such as these, the first order of business is to assure that your video card driver version is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card. Apparently you have been there and done that. Am I correct on that?

If so, the next step is to try for a solution by deleting the BadDrivers.txt file. After you delete from it and have re-opened the project, the program will generate a new BadDrivers.txt file and hopefully the display card message will disappear with the problems. The path to the BadDrivers.txt file for Premiere Elements 11 in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit is

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements Folde

11.0 Folder

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. Make sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Please let us know if any of that worked for you.

The rationale behind the deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file can be found in post 10 of the following older thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3177024

Looking forward to your results,

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
              Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi phayl,

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums,

Do you have TWO graphics adapters?

IF YES read below... otherwise, ignore

Dual video problems (some for Premiere Pro, but the idea is the same)

-http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error---preludevideo-play-modul es.html

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1001579

-Use BIOS http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1019004?tstart=0

-link to why http://forums.adobe.com/message/4685328

-http://www.anandtech.com/show/4839/mobile-gpu-faceoff-amd-dynamic-switchable-graphics-vs-n vidia-optimus-technology/2

Thanks,

Sandeep

• 4. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandeep Singh

You asked Thomas about the possibility of a second video card.

The display card error that he shows in his screenshot appears to name only one video card.

When Adobe designed that Display card error pop up, was it designed to name both video cards if there were two video cards being used - just integrated - just discrete - integrated and discrete?

Can we rule out two video cards if the message only lists one video card?

We will find out soon enough from Thomas, but I was curious about the Adobe expectation on what card(s) that message should be displaying under the circumstances that triggered it.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
                  phayl Level 1

Thanks for you reply

Only one adapter, i double checked.

Phayl

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 28 janv. 2014 à 00:31, Sandeep Singh <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"

created by Sandeep Singh in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Hi phayl,

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums,

Do you have TWO graphics adapters?

IF YES read below... otherwise, ignore

Dual video problems (some for Premiere Pro, but the idea is the same)

-http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error---preludevideo-play-modul es.html

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1001579

-Use BIOS http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1019004?tstart=0

-link to why http://forums.adobe.com/message/4685328

-http://www.anandtech.com/show/4839/mobile-gpu-faceoff-amd-dynamic-swit chable-graphics-vs-nvidia-optimus-technology/2

Thanks,

Sandeep

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6058460#6058460

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6058460#6058460

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6058460#6058460. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 6. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
                    phayl Level 1

Dear all 

Any news concerning my topic ?

I would appreciate to be able to use Premier element asap

Please help 

Regards

Le Mardi 28 janvier 2014 11h53, Philippe <philippe_asn@yahoo.fr> a écrit :

Thanks for you reply

>Only one adapter, i double checked.

>Phayl

>Envoyé de mon iPhone

>Le 28 janv. 2014 à 00:31, Sandeep Singh <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

>

>Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator" created by Sandeep Singh in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

• 7. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

phayl

Thank you for the reply with the confirmation that your Premiere Elements 11 in running in Windows 7 64 bit which uses only one video card/graphic card.

You have said that you have the latest version of your video card driver according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card. So the next step is deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file as detailed in post numbered 2 of this thread.

Have you done that yet? If not, please do so. If you have, what were the results?

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
                        phayl Level 1

Dear all

I double checked I only have one version of the driver (the last version only)

I attached a screen shot for information.

I believe it's a problem generated by a Windows update or a Premier element update 

as the Graphic driver is unique (no conflict) and hasn't changed for years.

Something new has generated this trouble and I cannot find what.

I restored the computer 3 months backward to see if it solved the concern .... 

Unfortunately the situation is still the same. (I cannot restore beyond 3 months)

Thanks in advance for your feedback

P

Le Samedi 1 février 2014 23h40, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator" created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

• 9. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

For a little background, Premiere Elements interfaces with the video driver, more than most other programs on your computer, and even Photoshop Elements.

There are many things, that can render a video driver obsolete, including a simple Windows update. That is why most manufacturers offer updated video drivers on a very regular basis. That is also why we recommend video drivers be updated so often - they can become obsolete very quickly, and affect the functions of PrE.

With the exception of when a new video driver has a glitch, affecting programs, like PrE (has recently happened with PrE 10 and nVidia's new driver), the newer video driver usually "fixes" issues.

Because of constant development by the two biggest mfgrs., nVidia and AMD/ATI, I recommend one of those (exception above noted) - they develop and release new drivers about every month.

Obsolete video drivers do not play a big role with most other programs, as if they allow the card to produce a signal, that's good enough for them - other programs, like PrE, 3D, extreme games, CAD, etc., will fail with the obsolete driver, that works just fine for an e-mail program, a Web broswer, or even Word.

That is basically the "why."

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

phayl

Thank you for the reply.

Your error message is specifically targeting

"Intel Graphic Media Accelerator HD 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1986"

How can what you have be the latest version? Please check the following that shows the existance of

"Intel Graphic Media Accelerator HD 2.1.0 - build 8.15.10.2008" ?

http://feedback.wildfiregames.com/report/opengl/device/Intel%28R%29%20Graphics%20Media%20A ccelerator%20HD

I have asked you several times if you have done the deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file. So far, I have not seen the answered to that question. Please let us know the answer and result.

I have found a older thread regarding the same "Intel Graphic Media Accelerator HD 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1986

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/893263?decorator=print&displayFullThread=true

In that case, apparently the deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file got rid of the error message but other problems still existed that needed definition.

So, your results with BadDrivers.txt file would be very interesting and may resolve the problem for your partially or wholly.

The only updates for Premiere Elements 11 involve the Camera Raw plug-in and are usually updated once a year and soon reach a point where there are no more Camera Raw updates for 11 as new versions of Premiere Elements are marketed. What version of Camera Raw do you have, 7.4? As you know Windows Updates are ongoing.

When did Premiere Elements 11 on this current computer last work for you so that you were able to do your projects without the error message that you presented?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

I did not see your latest post until after I had posted mine.

Could you elaborate on the basic difference between phayl's "Intel Graphic Media Accelerator HD 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1986" which I have seen described as an "integrated graphic processor" and something like what is referred to simply as "Intel HD Graphics" integrated video card/graphic card?

Do you see any significance to the Build information as it relates to the latest driver for the Accelerator HD cited?

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Problem with pilot "INTEL Graphics Media Accelerator"
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I cannot. I have never had a computer with an embedded Intel graphics chip - all have had nVidia. On my laptops, those have been in the form of embedded chips (GPU chips on the MoBo). All desktops have had separate nVidia, or AMD/ATI cards.

Other than seeing issues with the embedded Intel GPU's driver support, or lack of it, on various forums, I know nothing specific to those chips - differences between them, similarities, or full capabilities.

I do know that many of the Intel drivers will not support certain types of video accleration in Photoshop, and also, as they are not CUDA capable, cannot offer any hardware support for MPE (Mercury Playback Engine) in PrPro, or After Effects.

They are basically designed for more "general" computing, and seem to work very well for that purpose, especially as most other programs do not interface as closely with the video driver, as Ps (later versions), After Effects, and both flavors of Premiere.

Sorry, but that is the extent of my knowledge.

I believe that you have at least one computer, with an embedded Intel GPU, and use that with PrE. You will then be far more familiar with them, than I am.

Hunt