4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2014 6:11 AM by Dirk Becker

InDesign CC Server - ESTK Cannot Interact

cculver

I'm running Windows Server 2008R2 (64-bit) and I'm having a huge issue getting scripts to run from ESTK to InDesign CC Server. I've got InDesign CC (Desktop) installed as well. Both versions are fully updated as of today. Can you please help me fix this? When I try to run a script using ESTK targeting InDesing CC Server from the same computer, it sits there with a message box saying "Waiting; press ESC to abort..." It appears that it's not able to communicate with the process (InDesignServer.com, which is running at the time) at all, and I'd love a little help debugging this.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: InDesign CC Server - ESTK Cannot Interact
          cculver Level 1

I am still having problems, but I have changed my configuration/tried something new. I uninstalled InDesign Desktop 32- and 64-bit from the server hosting InDesign Server. I also reinstalled over the ID Server over its existing installation and reregistered with adobe_prtk. As I was saying, I'm still experiencing the waiting message; I have no idea how to debug this and I'm on a trial. If anyone has any idea how to help fix this or debug it, I'd really appreciate it. We can't justify paying adobe for support on a trial that should, by all accounts, be working out of the box - and we definitely can't purchase it in this condition. Thanks!!!

• 2. Re: InDesign CC Server - ESTK Cannot Interact
            Dirk Becker Level 4

From our CS4 Mac server farm I know a similar effect.

InDesign Server can run with many instances on the same machine, addressed via different port. Only if you run one instance with default configuration, ESTK will find it directly via the red/green widget. I reserved that instance exclusively for interactive work, in order to not compete with the load balancer. In order to connect with the other instances you have to mangle the configuration name into a #target directive and press run. See ESTK's Help "JavaScript Tools Guide" for details, the section is titled "Application specifiers".

Regards,

Dirk

• 3. Re: InDesign CC Server - ESTK Cannot Interact
              cculver Level 1

I appreciate the effort Dirk. Unfortunately, I have tried the steps you outlined above and it is still not doing away with the waiting message. I created a single instance in the service manager with no parameters and no port specified. There are no other instances set up. The behavior remains the same.

• 4. Re: InDesign CC Server - ESTK Cannot Interact
                Dirk Becker Level 4

Did you specify the architecture (32/64 bit)?

Something like

#target "indesignserver-9.064"