2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2014 6:29 AM by JWag

Can't have more than one form within one PDF?

JWag Level 1

For one PDF document, I tried to include several different forms interspersed throughout the document. It would only allow the first one to be submitted; all others failed to submit. Is there a way to resolve this?

*It was cool that it automatically fetched the Name Field data from the first form in the document and copied it to subsequent Name Fields....

• 1. Re: Can't have more than one form within one PDF?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

The way the "Submit" button is set up in a FormsCentral PDF form is to submit all of the data in the PDF so including multiple forms in one PDF won't work by default.  It should be possible to edit the javascript on each Submit button and iterate all of the exact fields that Submit button needs to submit but it would be time consuming as you'd have to list all of the fields.  I have not verfied this works but in theory it should.

Another option is to bundle the forms in a PDF Portfolio: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-acrobat-x/what-is-a-pdf-portfolio/

All of the PDF forms in the Portfolio would work.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Can't have more than one form within one PDF?
            JWag Level 1

Thank you for the response!

1. I don't know how to edit Javascript so that option's out.

2. The simplest solution has been to just include a link to open the form as a web form.

3. The portfolio wouldn't result in a clean experience - the purpose of inserting the forms within the document is to test students at different points within the lesson.

Jan