3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 6:51 AM by JJMack

batch file to deactivate photoshop

Trixter

Would there be poissible to have a batch file to deactivate (possibly activate) Photoshop on a machine?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: batch file to deactivate photoshop
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

No deactivation need to be done from the activated machine while connected to the Internet so Adobe activation server can delete the activation credentials on that machine and activation must be done on the other machine while its connected to the Internet so Adobe activation server can write activation credentials onto the machine being activated..

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: batch file to deactivate photoshop
            Trixter Level 1

Thank you JJMack, this is a hint, but still with this prerequisites that the machine is on and the Internet active,

I would like to use an automated script that deactivates the photoshop, even from within photoshop, perhaps using this extample:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1030575

I would like to know how to start Photoshop and deactivate-it / activate-it from a vbs, bat, anything.

Thank you!

• 3. Re: batch file to deactivate photoshop
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You can start Photoshop.exe like any other application from a bat file.  You may need to know the its not already started first. You should be able to pass Photoshop a file to open and have an open document event setup in the script event manager and do something like deactivate when a particular deactivate file is open.  A script should be able to close down Photoshop but I know of no way to to tell Photoshop set a a return code that the starting bat file could test for. So the deactivating script would need to initiate the activation on the remote system perhaps through a socket connection to a waiting server on the remote machine.  There are at least three machines involved. Your two Photoshop machine and an Adobe Activation server.  Its a complex process to automate.  How would you handle thing like Adobe servers not responding or communication between your machines.