3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 11:23 AM by Nancy O. RSS

Dreamweaver CC Library Item with rollover link produces two <body> tags. Why?

Geoff HH

I have a library item which is used in two pages and works correctly if it does not contain a rollover arrow with a link taking you to the top of the library item. This produces the following near the top of each of the containing pages:

</head>

<body class="indexpage">

<!-- #BeginLibraryItem "/Library/homemenu.lbi" -->

<p><a id="top"></a></p>

Note that the Library Item does not itself have a <body> tag in this original, working version.

The problem arises when I insert an image rollover with a link up to #top (which is defined as above).

First, the Library Item has the following near its top:

<script ...>

... various functions to handle the rollover

</script>

<body onLoad="MM_preloadImages('../images/uparrowred2.gif')">

<p><a id="top"></a></p>

Secondly, the containing pages now have the following near the top:

</head>

<body class="indexpage" onLoad="MM_preloadImages('images/uparrowred2.gif)">

<!--#BeginLibraryItem "Library/homemenu.lbi" -->

<script ...>

... various functions to handle the rollover

</script>

<body onLoad="MM_preloadImages('../images/uparrowred2.gif')">

<p><a id="top"></a></p>

It can be seen (shown in red) that the Library Item has correctly transferred the onLoad instruction to the containing page's <body> tag and at the same time altered the address of the GIF image from '../images/xxx.gif' to 'images/xxx.gif'. [The root folder with the various html pages has a number of subfolders including 'images' and 'Library']. But now, unfortunately, the containing pages have two <body> tags with the second one pointing to the wrong location for the GIF image.

Would someone please explain what is going on. I can think of three possibilities: (1) I may be doing something really stupid, (2) there may be a bug in Dreamweaver CC or (3) Library Items may not be allowed to contain anything "complicated" like a rollover. I did see a very old (2007) discussion in this forum suggesting that Library Items were rather limited in what they could contain, but over the intervening six years I would have expected things to have improved.