14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 3:01 PM by A.T. Romano

Instantmovie Outdoor

Rolander

When playing the Instantsmovies outdoor adventure appears in the movies

a red coded sequence with the lettering "Media offline". Error occurred already in

Premiere at item 11 and is also into Adobe Premiere element 12.

Is there a way to download the missing item?

• 1. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Rolander

I will check out what you describe.

But, first I would ask 2 questions for now

a. What is the name of the missing file...you should be seeing a "Where is the file.....?" message with the missing file named at the top of the pop up.

b. What computer operating system is your Premire Elements 11 and 12 running on? Is the same file missing in both? Again, what is the name of the missing file or files?

More later.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
            Rolander Level 1

MedienOffline.jpg

In the video, the message "Media Offline" appears.
            Windows 7 operating system.

Danke

R.

• 3. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Media Offline basically means that PrE is unable to follow the link to that file. That is why ATR asked about the file's name. It could be that a necessary file for that Instant Movie has not been downloaded, or has been Moved, or perhaps Deleted from the system. If you can tell us which file(s) are shown as Offline, someone can likely help you locate it, or get it onto your computer, in the correct location.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                Rolander Level 1

Have the same problem with their answers under "PE12 Instant Movie Project Media Offline" found. Thank you

• 5. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

R

Thanks for the screenshot. This kind of colorful display represents the project not being able to trace back to a specific source file that is being saved to the computer hard drive. Typically a dialog pop up is associated with these colorful displays. The header of the dialog is "Where is the file.....?" and the name of the file being sought is listed in the dialog. Are you seeing such a dialog in your situation?

Right now I am downloading the "Outdoor Adventure" Instant Movie Theme to determine if I run into the same situation that you are in. I have assumed that you have successfully downloaded Outdoor Adventure prior to trying to use it in your project.

But, I would ask you to right click the desktop icon of Premiere Elements 12, select Run As Administrator and then let us know if that had any impact on the colorful display appearance. Also, please confirm that you are running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

More soon.

ATR

• 6. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

R

You keep marking your own replies correct. But I think that I have the really correct answer on this. The problem is one particular file that is included in the Instant Movie "Outdoor Adventure". The name of the file as seen in the Timeline's built Instant Movie is "outdoor-adventure_s_texture.png".

I kept after you for the name of the file on a "Where is the file....?" message that I was expecting to be associated with those colorful media offline displays for which you provided screenshots. Sorry about that in view of my findings.

Well, I ran through the whole thing, got the same displays of media offline scattered in the Instant Movie, but no "Where is the file....?" to give me a clue as to what was missing. However, when I opened Expert workspace  Projects Assets where the folder with files for the Instant Movie resided, I found the problem file by its media offline markings.

Next, I selected the built Timeline Instant Movie, right clicked in the selection, and selected Break Apart InstantMovie in the pop up menu. I found each use of the "outdoor-adventure_s_texture.png", disabled each by right clicking the file, and removing the check mark next to Enable in the pop up menu. This maneuver might be a corrective measure if you want to use this Instant Movie, either leaving the file "disabled" or replacing it with a file of your choice.

The rest of the story.....

The "outdoor-adventure_s_texture.png" got traced back to

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Movie Themes

All_Lang

Event

Outdoor Adventure

but, in the Outdoor Adventure Folder, the file seems to appear with the name "outdoor-adventure_texture.png" not "outdoor-adventure_s_texture.png". That I think is part of the whole problem.

But, here arises the possibility for another corrective action if you want to use this Outdoor Adventure Movie Theme.

In Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace/Project Assets, double click the Movie Themes folder. In that folder, right click the file with the media offline markings, select Replace Footage. Then navigate to the "outdoor-adventure_texture.png" file in the path cited above, and, in the Replace Footage dialog, select that .png, and click Open. This action will replace the missing media in the Project Assets and the missing media will be reconnected....no more media offline in the Outdoor Adventures for this project.

I need to think about how to correct this on a more permanent basis. I need to do some more work on this. But the above should get you through your project with the suggested workarounds.

I need to triple check to make sure I did not overlook anything or misinterpret things as I traveled the path through the troubleshooting.

Please review and let us know if this works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...The above was done on Windows 7 64 bit. I found the same situation with the program and this Instant Movie theme when the project was done on Windows 8.1 64 bit. The file in question does not come with the installation of the program. It is one of those requiring download to complete its files/folder for functioning.

• 7. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

R

Good morning.

After reflection on a permanent fix for this Outdoor Adventure media office displays running through its Instant Movie, the following is my suggested "permanent" fix so that you will not need to edit the Instant Movie as detailed in post numbered 6.

1. Go to the file " outdoor-adventure_texture.png" at the end of the path (WIndows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit)

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Movie Themes

All_Lang

Event

Outdoor Adventure

in the Outdoor Adventure Folder make a copy of the "outdoor-adventure_texture.png" and then rename it "outdoor-adventure_s_texture.png". (Do not bother deletion that original that you just copied.)

When you open a Premiere Elements 12 project and opt to use the Outdoor Adventure this should be a permanent fix for the immediate situation using a variety of project presets, SD as well as HD.

The whys behind this file downloaded from Adobe and its relationship to the creation of the

outdoor-adventure_w.mvth

outdoor-adventure_s.mvth

outdoor-adventure_hd.mvth

probably need to come from Adobe who designed the feature.

ATR

• 8. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                        Rolander Level 1

The error in the Instant Movie outdoor adventure is thanks to their quick assistance eliminated. It's nice to get that way support.

• 9. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

R

Although it was a nuisance for you, that was a very interesting question which is now pointing to solutions for all with regard to that Outdoor Adventure Instant Movie theme.

Great contribution with taking the time to report your observation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                            john.prosek@comcast.net

I have the same issue with Premiere 13 on the outdoor adventure theme...

Untitled.png

this directory does not exist or i cant find ANY files for Outdoor!!!

• 11. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

john.prosek

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on? Assuming Window 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, are you working

with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active?

When you installed the program, did you install it to the default location on the Local Disk C?

What is your target....Instant Movie (Outdoor Adventure) or Titles & Text (Outdoor Adventure)? This thread has to do with the Instant Movie Outdoor Adventure.

Have you opened Premiere Elements 13, Instant Movie which is now under the Create header, selected

Outdoor Adventure under Event, and downloaded the thumbnail's content to complete the incomplete files that installed along with the program?

Please confirm that your problem is the Media Offline display shown periodically throughout your Instant Movie when the Instant Movie choice is Outdoor Adventure.

The files and folders location for Instant Movie/Outdoor Adventure are as described for Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit in post 7 of this thread.

If you have installed the program to default locations, you should have no problems locating the before and after content download for this theme.

I will be back shortly to give you the before and after download list for the Instant Movie Outdoor Adventure assets.

Looking forward to your further details so that we can sort out the factors involved in your issue.

To be continued....

ATR

• 12. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

john.prosek

Here is the rest of the story - Premiere Elements 13 Instant Movie Outdoor Adventure.

I installed Premiere Elements 13 to the default location on the Local Drive C of Windows 7 64 bit.

Before the content download for that particular theme, the incomplete folder/files for that theme were

found

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Movie Themes

All_Lang

Event

Outdoor Adventure

and the Outdoor Adventure Folder content looked like

Capture1.JPG

After the content download for the Outdoor Adventure theme, that Outdoor Adventure Folder content looked like

Capture2.JPG

The path to the Outdoor Adventure Folder and its content can also be seen at the top of the screenshots.

We will be watching for your follow up so that we can try to determine how we are differing in results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                                  john.prosek@comcast.net Level 1

A.T.

Installed on a Windows 7

Installed in D: (My C: drive is Solid State small boot drive)

Target is Instant Movie Outdoor adventure

Yes to Media Offline (Red screen with many languages on it)

I found the files and ALL are there!  the 3 files that are in the list

• 14. Re: Instantmovie Outdoor
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

john.prosek

Thanks for the reply.

Were is the program installed - on D instead of C which is the SSD?

Although you do not have to install the program to the C drive, usually if you do not, the odds are greater for problems.

And, often certain folders/files will automatically go to fixed locations.

What is your situation at this point now that you found files for the theme?

Have you been able to do the content download for the Outdoor Adventure theme so that you have the theme's folder complete and the theme ready for use?

Please clarify your present situation.

Thank you.

ATR