5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2006 3:26 PM by _lw

Director and PDA

Level 7
      Hello:
      I have a projector in Director MX that use a database and a game, can i use
      PDA to insert records to the database?
      Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Director and PDA or PALM!!
          Level 7
          Hello:
          There's nobody that know how to use these PDA or PALM with director project?
          Thank you

> Hello:
          > I have a projector in Director MX that use a database and a game, can i
          > use PDA to insert records to the database?
          > Any ideas?
          >
          > Thank you in advance.
          >
          >

• 2. Re: Director and PDA or PALM!!
            Level 7
            >> I have a projector in Director MX that use a database and a game, can i
            >> use PDA to insert records to the database?
            >> Any ideas?

There are compilers for PDA for the most common programming languages
            around, but Director is not one of them. There is Flash Lite.
            And the free Export to Pocket PC Xtra for director, can be found here:
            http://www.sharp-software.com/products/index.htm

I think it's about chosing the right tool for that job - well, I have no
            exp. in communicating with database from PDA, others around here might have
            a word to say.

• 3. Re: Director and PDA or PALM!!
              Level 7
              Thank you very much.

"Anders Skov" <anders.nospam@avnatura.nospamhere.dk> escribi� en el mensaje
              news:e76qhi$inh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >>> I have a projector in Director MX that use a database and a game, can i
              >>> use PDA to insert records to the database?
              >>> Any ideas?
              >
              > There are compilers for PDA for the most common programming languages
              > around, but Director is not one of them. There is Flash Lite.
              > And the free Export to Pocket PC Xtra for director, can be found here:
              > http://www.sharp-software.com/products/index.htm
              >
              > I think it's about chosing the right tool for that job - well, I have no
              > exp. in communicating with database from PDA, others around here might
              > have a word to say.
              >

• 4. Re: Director and PDA or PALM!!
                Level 7
                I thought at the end of the last podcast they mentioned something about
                there being a shockwave for mobile devices in the works. I'll have to go
                back and listen again.

"Anne" <anmalo42@lycos.es> wrote in message
                news:e783nq$5be$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Thank you very much.
                >
                > "Anders Skov" <anders.nospam@avnatura.nospamhere.dk> escribi� en el
                > mensaje news:e76qhi$inh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                >>>> I have a projector in Director MX that use a database and a game, can i
                >>>> use PDA to insert records to the database?
                >>>> Any ideas?
                >>
                >> There are compilers for PDA for the most common programming languages
                >> around, but Director is not one of them. There is Flash Lite.
                >> And the free Export to Pocket PC Xtra for director, can be found here:
                >> http://www.sharp-software.com/products/index.htm
                >>
                >> I think it's about chosing the right tool for that job - well, I have no
                >> exp. in communicating with database from PDA, others around here might
                >> have a word to say.
                >>
                >
                >

• 5. Re: Director and PDA or PALM!!
                  _lw Level 1
                  >I thought at the end of the last podcast they mentioned something about
                  >there being a shockwave for mobile devices in the works. I'll have to go
                  >back and listen again.

i think they were mentioning this:
                  http://www.bsquare.com/about/press/story.asp?PressID=419

by the way, if anybody made different expieriences, please feel free to talk about it here!
                  cheers!

or maybe something else... they mixed it up with the sharp xtra for pocketPC.

I have to add here something about a problem with the export to pocket PC xtra. there is a bug that will freeze the app after 10 to 15 minutes. I have no idea how to fix it, and tried everything. same happens on all apps that were created with this xtra. I tested all available games from the sharp website and all stopped working after some time.

maybe someone of you made it work longer, if so, it would be nice to hear any info about it.

i made some time ago a littel demo that demonstrates the problem:
                  download >>> http://www.kisd.de/~lutz/pda/timer.zip