4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2014 1:33 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Reinstalling photoshop CC

crtobin56

Tried to update.  Got the U44M1P7 error.  Followed instructions from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1p7-installing-updates-ccm.html and uninstalled Photoshop CC.  I now, cannot reinstall the product as it only wants to give me an update and cannot find the base product.

I have clicked every link I could find with no usefull information anywhere.  38 minute wait time on the phone.  Really frustrated.  Deadline passed.  Client pissed.

• 2. Re: Reinstalling photoshop CC
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Best practice appears to be to

Uninstall.

Use cleaning tool.

Restart computer.

Open Desktop Application Manager as Admin

Install Photoshop.

You may need to sign out and back into the DAM if it thinks Photoshop is still installed.

• 3. Re: Reinstalling photoshop CC
            crtobin56 Level 1

Your answer came in just as my 55 minute wait for support ended with just that answer.  Funny they call it the DAM.  I've been using that word and more all afternoon.

Thank you

• 4. Re: Reinstalling photoshop CC
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

crtobin56 wrote:

.  Funny they call it the DAM.  I've been using that word and more all afternoon.

Thank you

Ironically, I have resisted using the acronym before.  I must type Desktop Application Manager several dozen times a week, but DAM usually stands for Digital Asset Managment around image editing applications, and we don't like to confuse.

Sorry about your missed deadline.  The system I'm using right now died on Christmas Eve. and was not running again until the second week in January.  So I was stuck using a laptop through that period, and found it surprisingly OK.  I did hook up a second monitor so was able to use a good workspace and free up the laptop for the image.  I also hooked up a couple of my external USB3 drives which contained my back ups, so also had full access to my data.  We are allowed to installations so I have all my CC apps on both systems, and it is very convenient.

MInd you.  This is a very high spec laptop, and yet I still felt frustrated with the wait states using Photoshop, and I do wonder how people manage with some of the hardware we see mentioned on this forum.