3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2014 6:32 PM by Warunicorn

Trouble sharing saved images

kristine701

I know how to export the jpeg or png from photoshop touch.  I can see the saved jpegs in the photoshop folder in my gallery after exporting.  The file name includes .jpeg or .png, but when I try to share them (I have emailed them to myself, and uploaded to dropbox) the files show up as an unknown file type on whatever I am trying to download the photos to.  When I open my dropbox (both from my tablet, or from my laptop) its just the random file icon, and there is no extension.  The only thing I have gotten to work was to share to facebook, but that SERIOUSLY reduces the image quality. 

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Please help!

Edit: I was trying to share from the gallery.  Seems to work fine if I share directly from Photoshop, but I don't want to open photoshop to share an image.  Is there no way to share these directly from the gallery?  I know they were exported from photoshop, because it asked me how I wanted to export them, .png or .jpeg.  What good is the "save to gallery" feature if you can't then share those images from the gallery?

Message was edited by: kristine701

• 1. Re: Trouble sharing saved images
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

You sharing from Android Gallery? Which version of Android are you using?

You should be able to, for example, share directly to Dropbox from within Gallery by tapping the share icon in the upper right. (If you don't see Dropbox, there should be a "see all" option.)

• 2. Re: Trouble sharing saved images
            kristine701 Level 1

Version 4.1.2

Yes I want to share from the android gallery. I know how to do this, but only the images in the photoshop folder are giving me a problem.  The files upload to dropbox, but when I open dropbox somewhere else (or even on the device I uploaded them from) the files dont have an extension, and instead of a thumbnail image it shows a generic file type icon.  Same problem when I share via gmail. There are files attached, but no extension, generic icon, and unable to open.  When I share directly from within the photoshop app everything is fine.

• 3. Re: Trouble sharing saved images
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I just tried uploading several exported PS Touch projects (in JPEG format from the Photoshop Touch folder in Android Gallery) to Dropbox. I don't have any issues seeing them in the tablet app or the Windows 8 app.  : /

Using a Nexus 7 2013 with Android 4.4.2.

Is this the stock (Google) Android Gallery app or one that Samsung provides? I'm using the former. See screenshots below.

Screenshot_2014-01-29-21-25-04.jpg

Screenshot_2014-01-29-21-25-17.jpg