2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 12:57 PM by Eman Fu

Problem with the Paypal Checkout.

Eastland

My customers are having a hard time checking out. Around half of the form responses are coming back either blank or "cancelled" instead of "completed." I am getting emails from people saying they had to try multiple times entering in the information and checking out before they received a confirmation that payment went through.

The webpage with the form is: http://www.campmystic.com/alumni-reunion/

This is quite embarrassing to me and I hope you can find a solution.

• 1. Re: Problem with the Paypal Checkout.
          Eman Fu Adobe Employee

Hi,

I am investigating this issue. I will get you back as soon as I have further information for you.

Thanks,

Eman Fu

Senior Computer Scientist

Adobe Systems Incorporated

• 2. Re: Problem with the Paypal Checkout.
            Eman Fu Adobe Employee

Hi,

If you see a response with payment status "cancelled", it means the form filler voluntarily cancelled the transaction in the middle of the payment. If the payment status is blank, it could be 2 possible reasons: one if that the form filler close its browser without explictly cancelling the transaction, another case is that some error happens during the payment.

Is this URL correctly point to your form? https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=hTm67onld03s4co*ba1Gyg

Based on the server logs I can find in our system, so far I have found 83 incidents where form fillers started their payment transactions (some of them might be from the same people). Among those, 50 transactions were successfully paid, 11 transactions were voluntarily cancelled, and there was only one transaction failed to start due to PayPal server error.

As you can see, there were 21 transactions that were started but we never received any status update. This is because when the transaction started, the filler will be on PayPal's website. We won't hear from them until they finish or cancel their payments. If they encounter any error in PayPal's site, or they simply close the browser in the middle of the transaction, our server won't be able to know that. Those 21 transactions will leave the blank payment status in your response table.

For those 21 transaction with unknown status, we really cannot do anything about them since we don't have any information for them. If it is possible, please ask your form fillers to take a screen shot when they encounter any error. We can at least try to find some clue from the error message on the screen.

I am sorry about the problems the issue has brought to you. Please let us know if you have further information or need us to assist with any other things.

Thanks,

Eman Fu

Senior Computer Scientist

Adobe Systems Incorporated