3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2014 6:52 PM by A.T. Romano

Activation limit reached message - any help appreciated

tanweer

I have a purchased copy of Premiere Elements, and I can't use it, because it will not activate on my new computer.  It was installed on an old computer which broke.  What are my options?

• 1. Re: Activation limit reached message - any help appreciated
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tanweer

Adobe allows for a purchased serial number for a given program to be on no more than 2 of your computers.

If you cannot install your purchased serial number on your new computer, that would suggest that you have that purchased serial number still on 2 computers (the one that is broken and another). What about deactivating the one that is on a computer that is not broken?

Whatever the scenario, Adobe is the only one to correct the situation. We are not Adobe here.

The following should give you essentially immediate resolution.

Click on the following link to reach Adobe Chat.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

When the link opens click on the statement "I still need help." to bring up Adobe Chat. Great group, very quick and professional job should be done to take care of your situation with the broken computer with the trapped Premiere Elements and sort out the rest.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Activation limit reached message - any help appreciated
            tanweer Level 1

Thanks ATR for your reply.  I don't have any active computers with Adobe Premiere Elements on it.. one computer broke, and the second I had bought from Best Buy and the CD drive was making loud noises, so i returned the laptop... i had installed Premiere Elements on that one too.  So i cannot deactivate any of the computers.  I tried to reach Adobe Chat, but they said that they don't provide chat support on older versions, and advised me to come to this forum for answers.  I'm just looking to find out if there are any options I may not know about.

• 3. Re: Activation limit reached message - any help appreciated
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tanweer

What version of Premiere Elements is involved here? Is it earlier than 12, the current version?

Be that as it may, Adobe Chat has never turned away an Activation matter (such as the trapped serial number kind) even with a version earlier than 12. What they will not do is offer assistance in troubleshooting versions of Premiere Elements earlier than the current version. Sorting out your server details so that you can install the purchased serial number on a computer typically has been one of their shining assets.

Adobe is the only one that can help you.

So, please go back to Adobe Chat via the link already given and find out what is what with regard to your specific situation, stressing that you are not asking for troubleshooting but rather for help (that only they can give) to free trapped serial number in at least one crashed computer.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

This is a service that it has always given regardless of the not current version concept. But it is its call. I do not know if the specific circumstances with 2 computers involved complicates matters.

ATR