8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 11:48 AM by Josh_Corey

HELP!!-Form not responding-while opening & viewing responses

Venkat Vivek

Hi,

I'm in a fix. While editing the form, I tried uisng the functions to get average & during that process, I couldn't get it to work. Hence, I closed the form. Later, when I tried opening the form, "IT'S UN-RESPONSIVE".

I even tried to "View Responses" but, that doesn't open either. I NEED URGENT HELP!!!

I've got online responses which I'm unable to retrieve. PLS. HELP!! I got to get it working.

Thanks,

Venkat

• 1. Re: HELP!!-Form not responding-while opening & viewing responses
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Can you try again?  There was a performance issue last night that is resolved now and things should be working as usual.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: HELP!!-Form not responding-while opening & viewing responses
            Venkat Vivek Level 1

Hi Josh_Corey,

The issues is still not resolved. PLS. HELP. I'm unable to open my form & view it's responses. Even my desktop app won't respond after I try clicking the form or open it. Please give me a solution. I need those responses.

Josh_Corey wrote:

Can you try again?  There was a performance issue last night that is resolved now and things should be working as usual.

Thanks,

Josh

• 3. Re: HELP!!-Form not responding-while opening & viewing responses

You said "desktop app", are you using the FormsCentral Desktop application that is included with Adobe Acrobat Professional XI?

Since you said you are trying to export responses I am assuming you are signed into FormsCentral.  Do you have just one form or multiple?  If you have more than one, can you open the others?

If you are using the Deskop application are you able to check the version by going to "Help" - "About" - what is the version?

If you are using the Desktop application you can always sign into FormsCentral in a web browser, assuming your form was an online form since you are trying to export responses, your form would be in your account and you could try the export from there.

What operating system is on your computer? 

If you are using a web browser and not the Desktop applicaiton, what web browser are you using?  Also, if in a web browser make sure that Flash Player is up to date get.adobe.com/flash

Also, you may not be able to share the form if you can't open it, but you can try (you can share from the right click menu on the form in the My Forms tab) sharing with me at jcorey@adobe.com

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: HELP!!-Form not responding-while opening & viewing responses
                Venkat Vivek Level 1

Dear Josh_Corey,

I generally use the "desktop app". But, ever since this problem surfaced, i tried accessing it using the online version. still no use.

1. I created one free form using my account which now is corrupted. I'm unable to open, view responses etc.

2. I've access to another form which I created using my colleague's account. This one I'm able to open via both "desktop app" & "online version".

The sad part is, I'm getting the respones - The count is shown increased but, I'm unable to open or view them.

I've got the latest version of Flash Player & "FormsCentral" installed in my system. I always keep them updated. I'm very sure that the issue is not with Flash or Windows. I tried accessing the form using both, Chrome & IE and I have Windows 7 installed.

The form has somehow got corrupted & I'm unable to do anything as the form is on "cloud" & so the responses as well.

I tried "Add Collaborators" by right clicking the form but that didn't work. When I try to do something with the form, it freezes. Nothing opens and when I try right clicking and open the form it tries to load the form & then results in "grey screen".

However, the form link is working. Others are able to feed in responses and I can the see the count increase but, I'm unable to view or export them.

Josh, please help me. I need those responses. Please do something. Everyday I'm being questioned in my company. Please, Please help me get my responses back. I NEED THEM. I can send you the "fillable form link" if you insist.

Thanks,

Venkat

Message was edited by: Venkat Vivek

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: HELP!!-Form not responding-while opening & viewing responses

Hi;

Thanks for the information.

Can you email me the URL to your form at jcorey@adobe.com and please reference this forum post (title as the subject of your email) so I know what I am looking at/for?

Thanks,

Josh

• 6. Re: HELP!!-Form not responding-while opening & viewing responses

Hi;

There was an issue with one of the expressions in the Response Table, we removed the expression from Column 1 and your form should hopefully open now.  Let me know how it goes...

Can you do us a favor and not enter that same expression again until we resolve this?  I am creating a bug for the issue and will get back to you when we have a resolution for it.

Also, let me know if this happens again (maybe you'll add another expression to a column that causes a similar issue) so we can follow up again.

Thanks,

Josh

• 7. Re: HELP!!-Form not responding-while opening & viewing responses
                      Venkat Vivek Level 1

Hi Josh,

Splendid! I can't thank you enough for your timely help. This morning, I saw your post & it made my day.

Everything is up & running. And, please let me know once the bug is resolved.

With that said, I would like to get the average for the range of valus wherein there is a text involved in between ("N/A"). How can I go about achieveing it without the formula concidering the cell that contains the value "N/A" & it should only sum up the values & divide by number of cells which just has the number & not "N/A". Can you help me? I tried using the formula & that's how the screw up happened.

Till, then I promise not to use any expression & will wait for your "go".

Please let me know if I can thank you enough by filling out a feedback form & I'll be more than happy to do so.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

Venkat

Josh_Corey wrote:

Hi;

There was an issue with one of the expressions in the Response Table, we removed the expression from Column 1 and your form should hopefully open now.  Let me know how it goes...

Can you do us a favor and not enter that same expression again until we resolve this?  I am creating a bug for the issue and will get back to you when we have a resolution for it.

Also, let me know if this happens again (maybe you'll add another expression to a column that causes a similar issue) so we can follow up again.

Thanks,

Josh

• 8. Re: HELP!!-Form not responding-while opening & viewing responses

Hi;

I believe the you can add a “summary row” an use canned “AVERAGE” method, in this case any text value like “n/a” should be ignored.

screen shot for forum thread.png

Where  summary cell value is = AVERAGE(@Column1)

Thanks,

Josh