3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2014 6:29 AM by Noel Carboni

Deleting large objects

Treeline

Hi All,

Hey I was wondering what the best method is for removing large objects from a background image and have the void filled with the surrounding colors and textures?

I have a photo with an old CRT TV hanging from the ceiling that I'd like to delete.

Thanks for your help and experience.

• 1. Re: Deleting large objects
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Quite often selecting the object, expanding the selection to leave a little space around it, then doing Edit - Fill - Content Aware can be very effective.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Deleting large objects
            Treeline Level 1

Hi Noel,

Thanks for the reply. That tip is interesting and I’ll bet would work well with an even colored background. Here’s the rub when I tried it with my photo. I have an old CRT TV that hangs in the ceiling in the corner of a conference room. The TV has been removed and I’d like to update the photo, but because it’s near a corner, there are shadows and shading that causes a very uneven fill.  (getting into and setting up the room for a new photo is always a challenge so I thought I’d try Photoshop magic first).

• 3. Re: Deleting large objects
              Noel Carboni Level 8

Can you post that image or a part of it here?  Perhaps someone will be able to suggest somewhat more manual means to retouch the monitor out of there.

-Noel