I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. Would you try a couple things and see if they resolve the issue?
- Could you tell me the version of Windows you're using?
- Could you check version of the Creative Cloud app you're using and let me know which version it is? This can be found under: Gear > Preferences > General > Account
- Could you try quitting/restarting the Creative Cloud app. Did this solve the issue?
- Could you try Turning File and Font Sync off under the gear > Prefernces > Fonts. Wait a second, then turn it back on. See if the font/s show up and if not, try syncing again. Did this solve it?
- Would you try signing out of the Creative Cloud app and then sign back in? Did this solve it?
If none of those worked, would you attach the CoreSync files and send those over to this email address: email@example.com ?
You can find the files under: C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync\coreSync-2013-08-xx.log
I know this is a lot. Thanks for your help here. Let me know and we'll take it from there.
The problem is solved!
I just got a new computer and everything is working.
I'm having a similar problem, and since no actual solution to this problem was stated (beyond buying a new computer!), I will re-ask the same question:
I downloaded some fonts using creative cloud launched Typekit. I actually can use the downloaded font within Adobe applications, like After Effects. However, the font is not showing up in other applications, namely Cinema4D.
Now, I know this is not a Cinema 4D forum, but the issue seems to be related to Adobe's implementation of Typekit.
I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this. Fonts synced from Typekit should be available to any programs which pick up new fonts from the default OS locations. If the software requires that fonts be copied to a specific directly, for instance, then synced fonts will not be available to it.
Some programs also require you to restart the application in order to find new system fonts. If you haven't already done so, please give that a try.
Please let us know if you've already tried this, and the fonts are still not available. Thanks!
So I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and when I go into my "Fonts" folder in Control Panels, I do not see any of the Typekit downloaded fonts there. This should be the default OS location.
Ok, well this is a moot point, because now the font is loading in Cinema 4D. Problem solved.
I am glad that the fonts are working for you now, Denez. Just to clarify: fonts synced from Typekit will not be added to the Fonts folder on your computer. The synced fonts are managed through the Creative Cloud application, but are still available to all programs that look for fonts in the default system folders.
Please let me know if you have any other questions on using Typekit. Best,