16 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2018 1:59 PM by KanikaS

Typekit fonts do not show

Thomas von Seth Level 1

Hi,

I have tried to download some fonts from Typekit but they don't show in any application (InDesign, Photoshop ...). They show on Synced fonts in my account but not in the application.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

• 1. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
          Mandhir Bhatia Adobe Employee

Hi Thomas,

While when you are trying to download make sure that the font you are using is not restricted only for Web and is a desktop font.

To check the same make sure on the typekit browse font page you have icons below:

001.png

Let me know if you have questions on this.

Thanks

Mandhir

• 2. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
            Thomas von Seth Level 1

Hi Mandhir,

Thanks for your response!

The fonts I downloaded were both for desktop use. I even tried to restart both the application and Windows but they are still not there.

Best regtards,

Thomas

typekit.JPG

• 3. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
              Ben, Adobe Type Adobe Employee

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. Would you try a couple things and see if they resolve the issue?

- Could you tell me the version of Windows you're using?

- Could you check version of the Creative Cloud app you're using and let me know which version it is? This can be found under: Gear > Preferences > General > Account

- Could you try quitting/restarting the Creative Cloud app. Did this solve the issue?

- Could you try Turning File and Font Sync off under the gear > Prefernces > Fonts. Wait a second, then turn it back on. See if the font/s show up and if not, try syncing again. Did this solve it?

- Would you try signing out of the Creative Cloud app and then sign back in? Did this solve it?

If none of those worked, would you attach the CoreSync files and send those over to this email address: support@typekit.com ?

On Windows:

You can find the files under: C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync\coreSync-2013-08-xx.log

I know this is a lot. Thanks for your help here. Let me know and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Ben

• 4. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                Thomas von Seth Level 1

Hi,

The problem is solved!

I just got a new computer and everything is working.

Thanks!

Thomas

• 5. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                  denez mcadoo Level 1

I'm having a similar problem, and since no actual solution to this problem was stated (beyond buying a new computer!), I will re-ask the same question:

I downloaded some fonts using creative cloud launched Typekit. I actually can use the downloaded font within Adobe applications, like After Effects. However, the font is not showing up in other applications, namely Cinema4D. 

Now, I know this is not a Cinema 4D forum, but the issue seems to be related to Adobe's implementation of Typekit.

thanks,

denez

• 6. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                    liz, Adobe Type Adobe Employee

Hi Denez,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this.  Fonts synced from Typekit should be available to any programs which pick up new fonts from the default OS locations.  If the software requires that fonts be copied to a specific directly, for instance, then synced fonts will not be available to it.

Some programs also require you to restart the application in order to find new system fonts.  If you haven't already done so, please give that a try.

Please let us know if you've already tried this, and the fonts are still not available.  Thanks!
                    -- liz

• 7. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                      denez mcadoo Level 1

So I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and when I go into my "Fonts" folder in Control Panels, I do not see any of the Typekit downloaded fonts there. This should be the default OS location.

Ok, well this is a moot point, because now the font is loading in Cinema 4D. Problem solved.

• 8. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                        liz, Adobe Type Adobe Employee

I am glad that the fonts are working for you now, Denez.  Just to clarify: fonts synced from Typekit will not be added to the Fonts folder on your computer.  The synced fonts are managed through the Creative Cloud application, but are still available to all programs that look for fonts in the default system folders.

Please let me know if you have any other questions on using Typekit.  Best,

-- liz

• 9. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                          christinegraham

I am also having the problem with fonts not showing in any application, including Adobe ones, Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 7.12.16 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-05-30 at 7.11.40 AM.jpgeven though Creative Cloud shows they're synced. I checked the Fonts folders in my OS X 10.9.3 machine and they're not listed. I tried unsyncing and resyncing and it didn't help. The particular font I'm trying to use is Futura PT.

• 10. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                            GarsGo

I have already installed the Creative Cloud app once, and worked fine.
                            After I logged in another machine, to use my assets files and sync them, the app doesn't work fine anymore in the first machine.
                            The assets and typeset fonts doesn't sync, the app icon continues black (working) but doesn't work really.

What I can do? I've already search for a help in the Adobe Suport Chat but they send me some instructions by e-mail, for a WINDOWS machine! And I can't do that instructions the same way. It's other system.

Thanks in advance!

Captura de Tela 2015-07-27 às 11.33.41.png

Captura de Tela 2015-07-27 às 11.33.47.png

The app doesn't sync my assets and fonts.

• 11. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                              kriskhaira

In case anyone finds it useful, I had this problem but solved it by restarting Creative Cloud.

• 12. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                                billd21310964

I see a lot of frustration expressed here, but no workable solutions.  I've synched the font, and it's still not showing up.

• 13. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                                  danielw72639785 Level 1

Stumbled on this thread as I had the same frustration of you all, but I found a solution that worked for me.

If I opened up any of the individual CC applications directly, it wouldn't load the Typekit fonts. However, I found that if I opened the actual "Creative Cloud" app - the one that lists all of your individual creative cloud applications (Photoshop, Premiere Pro...), then clicked on "open" next to the relevant application, then the fonts synced and are now good to go. Just throwing this out there if it helps anyone.

1 person found this helpful
                                  • 14. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                                    safdesign

This totally worked for me. I do wish Adobe would make the solution more intuitive or clear--this is a very frustrating and time consuming issue.

• 15. Re: Typekit fonts do not show
                                      StarmanJones Level 1

None of these solutions are helping me with the same problem. I'm on a Mac and have:
                                      •    Updated all my Adobe CC applications, opened and then quite them
                                      •    Gone to the CC app and unsynced and then resynced all the fonts
                                      •     Opened InDesign and Illustrator and the synced fonts show up in InDesign but not Illustrator
                                      Very frustrating