3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2006 1:14 PM by aff502

rounded canvas

aff502
      Is there anyway to get a rounded canvas? Whenever I save a rounded object as a bitmap, it always has the white corners of the canvas. I tried setting canvas to transparent but that didn't work. Can anyone help me?
        • 1. Re: rounded canvas
          Level 7
          To get a rounded canvas, you are probably using a rounded rectangle. If you
          want a fixed-size canvas, then the rectangle alone is fine. There are ways
          to make it "stretchy". If you need one of those tutorials, just ask and I
          will hunt up the link. If your canvas is transparent, then you need to
          export in GIF. If you export in JPG, the transparent areas will always be
          white because JPG doesn't do transparent. Best thing is to post a link to
          what you have so we can see what you are getting. -- Tony

"aff502" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e7siss$9qu$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Is there anyway to get a rounded canvas? Whenever I save a rounded object
          > as a
          > bitmap, it always has the white corners of the canvas. I tried setting
          > canvas
          > to transparent but that didn't work. Can anyone help me?
          >

• 2. Re: rounded canvas
            Level 7
            On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 04:35:40 +0400, aff502 <webforumsuser@macromedia.com>
            wrote:

> Is there anyway to get a rounded canvas?

No. However, there's a way to get rounded object on rectangular
            transparent canvas. Assuming you want it somewhere on the Web, you must be
            saving in a format that support transparency, like GIF or PNG, and check
            the transparency options.

--
            Ilya Razmanov
            http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
            • 3. Re: rounded canvas
              aff502 Level 1
              Thanks. My computer is down, but as soon as it is working again I will post a picture of what is wrong.