4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 8:16 PM by A.T. Romano

Creating "Menu" for AVCHD File

Susan Verner Level 1

Is it possible to create a menu file, or something like it, for an AVCHD file?  I am hearing more and more that people want their video projects on flash drives, which is fine.  But the downside is, as far as I can tell, you lose the menu screen when you export to the computer, as opposed to burning a DVD.  Sometimes the menu screen contains a logo or other art that people want to display when the video is not running (i.e. before they push "play movie").

I have tried to figure out how to create a separate file with just the menu art, but so far I'm stumped.  Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Creating "Menu" for AVCHD File
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In Premiere Elements, you can only create a menu-based DVD, BluRay disc or WebDVD.

You can not output a single file that includes a menu system.

• 2. Re: Creating "Menu" for AVCHD File
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan Verner

Premiere Elements (any version) does not offer menu for export to file saved to the computer hard drive.

Disc menus are offered for burn to  end product.The exception to all this is the export choice of webDVD which is in reality a flash file with menus.

What version of Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system is it running?

As I recall, webDVD did not appear in Premiere Elements until version 9.0/9.0.1. It used to be that the user could share these webDVDs via photoshop.com. Now that photoshop.com is gone, its replacement Adobe Revel does not offer that opportunity.

ATR

• 3. Re: Creating "Menu" for AVCHD File
              Susan Verner Level 1

Thanks for your responses.  I came up with something that works.  I made a one slide slideshow with the image I had used in the menu and exported that to my computer and then copied it to the flash drive containing the full slideshow.  Then, if I put the media player on continuous loop it will keep my one slide on the screen until I'm ready to play the full video.  Maybe not the most elegant solution but it works!

• 4. Re: Creating "Menu" for AVCHD File
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan Verner

Sounds like an interesting workaround.

I will give it a try if I can put the ingredients together. What media player are you using?

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR