3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 5:52 PM by A.T. Romano

In elements 11 how do I make a finished movie return to the start menu?

Maud23

In Elements 11 how do I make a finished movie return to the start menu?

• 1. Re: In elements 11 how do I make a finished movie return to the start menu?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Maud23

Are you referring to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc, all with disc menus?

Do you mean main menu instead of start menu? If this is the case, have you set up for a main menu as well as scene menu?

Or are you talking about a Premiere Elements 11 Timeline content export to a file saved to the computer hard drive?

Please elaborate on the details of your workflow and end product goals.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: In elements 11 how do I make a finished movie return to the start menu?
            Maud23 Level 1

Hi thanks for your response. I am referring to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. I have not used menu markers to create a main menu because it is a short DVD of 10 minutes that does not require a menu as such. At the start I chose to use a single slide from the Elements 11 menu selection. At the end of the movie I made (which contains still photos and video) I think it should automatically return to the start, as it used to do on the old Elements 8, but it doesn't seem to do so on the updated version of Elements. I am wondering if this is because I have not used menu markers. I hope you can understand were  I am coming from.

• 3. Re: In elements 11 how do I make a finished movie return to the start menu?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Maud23

I just got through a run through of your issue using Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 and Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit and my TV DVD player.

Whether it was Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 or Premiere Elements 11 with or without menu markers on the project's Timeline, the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc produced played back the same on my TV DVD Player.

Results...

No disc menus and with or without scene markers on the Timeline

Timeline - color matte - jpg 1, jpg 2, jpg3, jpg 4, jp5

Hitting Play, played back was from the color matte to the jp5 and then back to the DVD player logo, not the color matte.

If I applied a disc menu (just main menu page, no scene markers on the Timeline)

Timeline - color matte - jpg1, jpg2, jpg3, jpg4, jp5

The main menu would automatically appear. When I hit Play (only option since no scene markers/no Scene Selection button on the main menu), the playback would start at the color matte, continue to jpg5, and then return to the main menu page, not the DVD player logo nor the color matte.

Again, it did not matter if the DVD-VIDEO described above was created in version 8.0/8.0.1 or 11, same results.

I did not explore fully TV DVD settings to determine if answers could be found on the TV DVD player side of things. I have not found them.

Could you elaborate on what you wrote

At the start I chose to use a single slide from the Elements 11 menu selection.

Are you saying that whatever you did there was consistent with you getting what you wanted when you did that but used version 8.0/8.0.1 instead of 11? From what you wrote, I am wondering if what you did was to apply just the main menu of a disc menu to the project to get what you wanted just like I did in my road testing of the issue tonight.

We will be watching for further details.

Thank you.

ATR