2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 3:24 PM by frankyM

Problem with Photoshop CC

frankyM

Can´t start Photoshop CC. I got the message "Can´t initialize photoshop, becaus there was a program error".

• 1. Re: Problem with Photoshop CC
          Noel Carboni Level 8

You've given very little to go on.  For example you haven't even said what operating system you're running on.

A very, VERY generic piece of "fix it" advice, based on no information other than what you've given:  Try resetting your Photoshop preferences to defaults.

To do this:  Cold-start Photoshop and IMMEDIATELY depress and hold the Control, Shift, and Alt keys simultaneously (Command, Shift, and Option on a Mac).  If you've gotten the keys down in time - and you have to be very quick - Photoshop will prompt you to delete the current preferences (which may be corrupted), leading to the establishment of out-of-box preferences.  If you do not see the confirmation dialog you weren't quick enough with the keys and you can try again.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Problem with Photoshop CC
            frankyM Level 1

Hallo Noel,

thank you for your answer. You are right - to less information.

I have an iMac with OSX 10.9.1 - I think the latest update.

I think the problem resulsts from a trail-installation of PS CS6. I had CS6 installed in a 30-days trial version. Than I bought a prepaid-card(1-year-licence) for photoshop CC. I aktivated PS CC and erverything was alright until I tried to Start PS cc. I got the message "Can`t initialize photoshop,because ther was a programm error". But I can start PS CS6. I tried erverything I think. I deinstalled PS CS6 and installed CC new but always the same problem. PS CS6 works perfect, but I can´t start PS CC. Maybe it´s a licence-problem. I always got the fewedback, that I registered PS CC but it don´t work.

I tried to delete the current preferences. It´s ok to come to this function, but the result is always the same message.

Thank you for your help

-Frank