2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 2:00 PM by A.T. Romano

License Question

jodoing

I own Premiere Elements for Windows.   Needed to replace old computer - bought an iMac.  Since I own Windows license can I download Mac version for free?  Even old version would be OK.  I did a lot of videos in Premiere Elements and would like not to lose the work.

• 1. Re: License Question
          Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi jodoing,

Thanks for posting on Adobe fourms,

Please check this article which will help you find the solution:

and could you please send me PM (private message) your serial number so that I can check that.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/order-product-platform-language-swap.htm l

Thanks

Sandeep

• 2. Re: License Question
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jodoing

As far as I have ever heard, you cannot use a Premiere Elements project.prel file created in Windows in Premiere Elements Mac and vice versa. You would have to export your Premiere Elements Windows Timeline to a file (.mov, mp4) and then import that into a Premiere Elements Mac project as source media. That may be the deal breaker for you and then you need not read any further.

Sandeep Singh, please confirm or correct me on any of the following that you think is not correct from the Adobe perspective. I am not familiar with this Adobe product swap. And, I do not see it spelled out about free, not free, and what cost.

jodoing...What version of Premiere Elements do you have? Did you purchase it as an online download and install it from those installation files or did you buy Premiere Elements in a boxed packaging from an authorized reseller.

If from a purchased download from Adobe, you have only the installation files for the operating system to which it was download to and installed.

If you purchased in the boxed packaging, then you should have a Mac installation disc and a Windows installation disc (both would use the one purchased serial number that is shown on the box label).

ATR