3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 6:50 PM by heathrowe

testing work progress

Destanation

I was watching this very helpful video on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXtHH-UhFms,& I don't see how he tests the code he has implemented for the mouse over, and mouse portion  of the video around 3:30 min in...  please help, worked to get menu working, now having trouble with adding the mouse over and off feature of menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: testing work progress
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

At 3:27,

- The author exited Symbol Edit Mode, to get back to the main Stage;

- The author has the code window nested within the application and is not the default, so I suspect this is where you are missing the process.

To open the Code Window go to the Window > Code (Ctrl/Command + E) menu option. This should open the Code Actions Panel in a 'modal' frame/window.

Then proceed at :328 by selecting the Stage + then proceed.

hth

Darrell

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: testing work progress
            Destanation Level 1

Sorry at around 4:20 the whole screen turns white.  He tests the code for the mouse out and mouse over code he injected.  I could get to the code screen no problem, not sure how he nested in the actual framework of the rest of the page, mine hovers over everything else.  However, after the code  has been inputed, he tests it.  Thanks though for your input, my fault for giving you the wrong time.

• 3. Re: testing work progress
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

No worries

Looks like the author used the keyboard shortcut for Preview in Browser, Ctrl/Command + Return. The menu option equvilent is File > Preview in Browser.

So from there onward whenver you see the screen go white, in the demo, the author is using the above Preview option.

hth

Darrell

1 person found this helpful