2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 9:46 AM by LPdesigner

Need Someone to write me a script for ExtendScript Tool

LPdesigner

My understanding is that Adobe InDesign no longer highlights relink files and I need someone to write a script for ExtendScript Tool to resolve this issue.  Our print publication is generally printed grayscale but our online version is full color...after creating the print edition we relink hundreds of images to go online...it becomes time consuming, hense the issue.

• 1. Re: Need Someone to write me a script for ExtendScript Tool
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have all your color images in a folder together, you could use "Relink to folder" to update them all at once.

(Below is from Adobe Help)

Relink to a different folder

When you use the Relink To Folder command, you can point to a folder that contains files with the same names as your out-of-date links. For example, if your current links point to low-resolution images, you can specify a different folder that contains high-resolution images. You can specify a different extension for the files, allowing you to change links from .jpg to .tiff, for example.

1. Select one or more links in the Links panel.
          2. Choose Relink To Folder from the Links panel menu.
          3. Specify the location of the new folder.
          4. To use a different extension, select Match Same Filename But This Extension, and specify the new extension (such as AI, TIFF, or PSD).
          5. Click Select (Windows) or Choose (Mac OS).
          • 2. Re: Need Someone to write me a script for ExtendScript Tool
            LPdesigner Level 1

I have thought about that but for archiving the photo names cannot be the same despite which folder they are in.