2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 12:12 PM by Gerben Wierda

Can I have 'Conditional Pages'?

Gerben Wierda Level 1

I have a book file that is both used for a print edition and a PDF edition. I have conditional text fir each (e.g. ISBN number) but for the rest both are equal.

However, the print demands have changed and the print version now needs to come without the cover pages I have at start and end and I need an empty page instead. Is there a way I can do this? I would like to keep page numbering equal in both productions, so that if people want to refer to the text, it does not matter if they have the print or the PDF edition.

• 1. Re: Can I have 'Conditional Pages'?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Let me start by saying I'm not thinking my best this week, but Perhaps if you group everything and put it into a text frame as an anchored object you could make it conditional.

But you don't need to match the page count to match the numbering. You can force a start number anyplace using the numbering and section options.

• 2. Re: Can I have 'Conditional Pages'?
            Gerben Wierda Level 1

This works. Nice trick.

It only works for the cover pages, though and not easily for intermediary pages (if I would want that), because the pages will remain. I can ignore empty pages on export and restart numbering, but maintenance will be brittle.

So far I only need the cover pages to be empty, though.

I might have to remove them, if the print business assumes the first page is the inside of the cover.