Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parent .chm altering child .chm data after compile

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2006 Jun 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To simplify:

I have a Dept specific .chm and an overall "homepage" .chm. When I compile the Dept-speciifc .chm the folder that it is stored in will read current data. However, if I compile the "Homepage" .chm after the Dept specific one was compiled then the data in the folder reverts back to the last time we pushed the data out to the users. In this instance I compiled today (6-19-06), but when I compiled the Homepage . chm the Dept specific .chm was changed back to 6-13-06. The information in the Dept-specific .chm remains intact, but if I go to this dept info through the homepage I only see the info as of 6-13-06.

Can someone explain why this happens and how to fix it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OLRGuy

IMHO, the only way this could happen is if you actually have two versions of the other .CHM. Somehow, the homepage.chm is referencing the older version that is lurking somewhere. So I'd probably perform a find across my drive for all instances of the errant .CHM file. I'm guessing you will locate at least two, maybe more.

The fact is, there simply is no way I'm aware of for one .CHM to modify the contents of another.

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That did it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp