• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message: "Install Step Failed:run postflight script for Plugin" When Flash Player 11.7 instal

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't See Question/Problem w/Flash Player Installation.  Error w/11.7.700.260 Installation had errors (dialogue box)  The following install step failed: run postflight script for Plugin.Contact the Software Manufacturer for Assistance.  Please Note:  I have read all Adobe Links related to installing Flash Player and uninstalling previous version 10.3 for MAC OS 10.5.  So I have MAC OS 10.5.8 w/Firefox Browser 16.0.1 and disabled anti-viral software.  Uninstalled previous version of Flash Player 10.3.  Confirmed uninstallation.  Downloaded Flash Player 11.7.700.260  instead of 10.3.183.90 due to Adobe stated information re:replacement of 10.3 versions with 11.7 extended support.  Installation of 84% occurs then the Error Message: Installation had errors (dialogue box)  The following install step failed: run postflight script for Plugin.Contact the Software Manufacturer for Assistance.  Please help to resolve this issue as no flash player is currently on my MAC.  Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 10.5.8 we NEED to know:

1.jpg

What processor do you have?

2.jpg

If your Processor is PowerPC - you've "overshot" your version.

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins and trash the Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt files.

See: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1355561 for instructions to install Flash Player 10.3.183.90

If you have an Intel Mac, you can upgrade to OS 10.6 and you'll be able to run a LOT of stuff that 10.5 won't handle.

mac-osx-snow-leopard.jpg

Apple has it for $19.99, and they ship free. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

(Edit)  and one last thing. YOU WILL NEVER NEED Antivirus software on a Mac. It'll do more harm than good. Uninstall it.

(https://discussions.apple.com/message/23885605#23885605)

Message was edited by: Mike M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

First of all, thank you so much for responding and sorry I forgot to mention my CPU; fortunately I **DO** have the 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor so I could upgrade to Mac OS X Snow Leopard.  Two Questions:

1. Do you know whether Snow Leopard sold by Apple is an upgrade or "clean install?"  If it's not a clean install, do you know (off-hand) if there are any upgrade issues?  I'm very partiall to a clean install.

2.  Why does Adobe state (for updating Flash Player 10.3 when Adobe knows that [most likely] the 10.3 versions run on Mac OS 10.5.x?  See statement and link below...

Kindest thoughts - Karolynn_1

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2013/05/extended-support-release-updated-to-flash-player-11-7.htm...

We’re happy to announce that we are updating the version of our extended support release to Flash Player 11.7 on Mac and Windows. Flash Player 11.7 will replace version 10.3 as the extended support version beginning July 9, 2013.

In order to continue receiving security updates, an upgrade to either Flash Player 11.7, or the standard Flash Player 11.8 release is required.

Flash Player 11.7 provides exciting new features, including Actionscript concurrency, webcam support for StageVideo and more. It also enables Protected Mode for FireFox on Windows, a sophisticated security-in-depth feature. With Protected Mode, Flash Player runs as restricted process, making it more difficult for attackers to build working exploits. Click here to learn more.

Flash Player 11.7 leverages hardware acceleration for audio, video and rendering to increase performance and lower CPU usage.

To ensure the smoothest possible transition, we encourage IT organizations deploying Flash Player 11.7 in managed environments to thoroughly test audio and video playback for critical use-cases using the latest available version before deploying this release widely. When hardware-related playback and stability problems do arise, updating to the latest hardware drivers frequently resolves these issues.As a secondary workaround, the Flash Player Administrator’s Guide details mechanisms for disabling hardware and audio acceleration via mms.cfg.

We have been hard at work to make Flash Player better than ever, and we look forward to continuing to serve you with a great web experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okey dokey...

1. Apple sells the "Retail DVD" version of Snow Leopard. It's a FULL installer, (not like the "upgrade DVD" I got when I bought my MacBook in 2009... the DAY before 10.6 came out). However, as with ALL OSX versions, you have the option to "migrate" from your previous OS when you install, so ALL of your data and whatever programs will run (in this case it would be everything, since 10.6 still supports "Rosetta" to emulate a PPC environment for Universal Binary software) will be retained... just in a NEW OS version. Frankly, I didn't ever notice a difference between 10.5 and 10.6, but there are changes, biggest being that it CAN'T be installed on a PowerPC Mac.

2. What that says (in Adobe-ese) is that the "extended Support" (or minimum supported) version as of July 9, 2013 is now 11.7 where it was 10.3. Per the Archives page, 10.3.183.90 is the "most recent compatible version" still for OS 10.5. It was the last Universal Binary build Adobe made.

arch.jpg

The rest is all about Windows network installers (mms.cfg is a Windows config file).

Hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines