2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 9:49 PM by rpshah24

Three reoccuring issues

jkwebdesigner

1. I am not able to open any .png files. I get an error saying, "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file."
      2. I can not save any image as 'Save for the Web' under my file menu. It is always greyed out no matter what file type I open or if I create a new file.
      3. I am using the Photoshop Creative Cloud and there is 1 new update. When I install the update it gets to about 58% and then gives me an error stating that it was unable to complete the installation.

This has been so frustrating to pay a monthly fee and to have these issues within the first month of use. I haven't been able to complete projects due to the first two issues I listed.

Please help!

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Three reoccuring issues
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us what operating system you are using?   I have seen another recent thread here about problems with PNG, but did not follow it through, but apparently you are not alone with this.

The updater appears to use the first 50% or so for the download part of the process, and the rest for the installation, so it sounds like it is the installation side that is where the problem is.  Best pratice - especially with Windows 8 (we don't know if that includes you yet) - is to restart the computer, and right click the CC Desktop Application Manager and run as Administrator.  Give that a go if relevant.  If it works, it might fix the other problems.

• 2. Re: Three reoccuring issues
            rpshah24

Hello

I am having a similar problem while trying to open .CR2 files.  I processed some .CR2 files using Photoshop CS6 on a PC.  I recently switched to a Mac running OSx and now I can't open and process the .CR2 files using Photoshop CC.

I already uninstalled and re-installed everything.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Ritesh