8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2014 11:22 AM by A.T. Romano

ADOBE Premiere Element 12 slow slow slow !!!

brianjk135

adobe issue.png

My rendering and upload times are as slow as slow can be. A 5 min clip takes 2 hours to render and 1 1/2 to upload. What am i missing here?

My System is as fallows :

MNF: SAMSUNG

PROCESSER: INTEL (R) CORE (TM) I3-3220T

CPU @ 2.80 GHZ

RAM: 4 GB

SYSTEM: 64BIT X64

GRAPHICS: INTEL (R) HD GRAPHICS

DRIVER: 10.18.10.3379

CAMARA: MOBIUS ACTION CAM

1920X1080P @ 30 FPS

FILE TYPE: MOV

FILE SIZE: 827MB

DATE RATE: 17704KBPS

TOTAL BITERATE: 18216KBPS

Please Help !!!!!!

• 1. Re: ADOBE Premiere Element 12 slow slow slow !!!
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum

1. Are your MOV Clips using the H.264 CODEC?
          2. What are the specs. of your Project's settings?
          3. Please describe all of your HDD's, their speed, controller type, and how you have them allocated.

That is a start, but I see several potential bottlenecks:

• i3 CPU w/ probably H.264 CODEC material.
          • XP-64, which is not certified for PrE 12. Unless you mean Win7, or 8 at 64-bit. Please clarify the OS.
          • 4GB RAM w/ a 64-bit OS, which is just barely enough to run the OS, with little left for programs.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: ADOBE Premiere Element 12 slow slow slow !!!
            brianjk135 Level 1

Q1: YES H.264

Q2: ? ELABORATE 

Q3:  ? THE SAME

WINDOWS 8.1 OS W/64-BIT

ALSO:

I converted my videos to mp4 files which seems to help but when i add video stabilization that's when the rendering time goes way up. This is for aerial videos on a drone so there is some shake to the video. Is this my issue ?

• 3. Re: ADOBE Premiere Element 12 slow slow slow !!!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

brianjk135

Are you referencing your slow/slow to the upload to Facebook with and without the video stabilizer or render times as they relate to rendering to get the best possible preview in edit (clip with and without video stabilization)? It sounds like 2 hours for render as in preview and 1 1/2 hours to upload this 5 minute video. For comparison, how long does it take to render the 5 minute clip without the video stabilizer application? What else besides video stabilization is being applied to the clip?

I have always found the render time (preview purposes) to be dramatically longer for a video stabilized clip in contrast to a clip to which any other effect was applied.

If you are focused on the upload, what kind of Internet connections are involved and at what times of the day are you doing these uploads? Do you find that uploading the same Timeline to YouTube or Vimeo is slow/slow also? If you export to a file saved to the computer hard drive and the upload that file to one of these web sites at the web site, is the upload process faster?

ATR

• 4. Re: ADOBE Premiere Element 12 slow slow slow !!!
                brianjk135 Level 1

Upload or Download to computer or online still the same very slow. A 5 min clip with out stabilization take about 5 min to render then 10 min to download same clip with stabilization 4 hours all together. My Internet speed is around 36-45mbps depending the time of day. I'm not talking about preview when i say render either when I download a clip it run a rendering first then transfers the file.

• 5. Re: ADOBE Premiere Element 12 slow slow slow !!!
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

brianjk135

I will be signing off any minute. But I saw your reply and wanted to ask.

Have you done any comparisons between upload via Publish+Share/Social Websites and the Timeline exported to a file and then that file uploaded to your web site at that web site? If so, is there a big favorable time difference going the latter route? All this mentioned for troubleshooting purposes at this time.

ATR

• 6. Re: ADOBE Premiere Element 12 slow slow slow !!!
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Going back up to the questions in Reply #1, I will elaborate:

#2 - Project Settings - in PrE, one has a Project, which has various settings, such as Frame Size, Frame-Rate (FPS), Audio specs., etc. Those settings are chosen at New Project, and should match one's footage 100%. PrE 11 & 12 can set up a Project, based on the first Video Clip used, and is pretty accurate, but when it is not, the user needs to manually set up the Project, and Force those settings. Once a Project has been setup, one can check all the settings by going to Edit>Project Settings>General, and making note of those settings.

#3 - I/O Sub-system - your computer has one, or more HDD's (Hard Disk Drive). The information requested is for the number of HDD's, their controller type (such as SATA II), their speed (listed in RPM, such as 5400RPM, 7200RPM), amount of free-space on each HDD, and how you have them allocated, such as C:\ = OS and programs, D:\ = Projects, Media and PrE Scratch Disks.

Now, as you are applying the Stabilization Effect, your CPU (Central Processing Unit) will come into play very heavily, especially with the H.264 source files, and it is very underpowered. That one of the prime causes of the slowness that you observe. Many Effects require a great deal of processing power, or a lot of time to process.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: ADOBE Premiere Element 12 slow slow slow !!!
                      brianjk135 Level 1

Its the i3 intel needs to be an i5 or higher to work faster

But now I know I'd hope in the future abode will explain there requirements better. its 2.8 ghz processor but for dual core processor you need 2 ghz PER processor

• 8. Re: ADOBE Premiere Element 12 slow slow slow !!!
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

brianjk135

One of my computer has an Intel Core i3 CPU 550 @ 3.2 GHz, and my upload times to YouTube and Vimeo are fast compared to what you are reporting.

A 5 min clip takes 2 hours to render and 1 1/2 to upload.

Whether it be for rendering (preview) or rendering as in export (upload to YouTube or Vimeo from Premiere Elements feature), I get no where near that. I have not done that lately, but willing to give it a try if it would help.

So, I am not ready for the rush into the implications of the generalized hit on the processor here.

Its the i3 intel needs to be an i5 or higher to work faster.

If you would like to provide a sample of this 5 minute via a Dropbox linked posted in your thread, I would offer to put it through the works in my computer with the processor that I cited above.

Thanks.

ATR