4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2014 8:24 AM by A.T. Romano

Video and Audio Degredation

Littlefeather

has Adobe done any studies to see what kind of data losses we suffer by opening and closing the same project a lot of times?

• 1. Re: Video and Audio Degredation
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Littlefeather

I have never heard of video and audio degradation opening and closing the same project a lot of times. This not like the mulitple Save As for jpg images.

Just how many times are you opening and closing a given project and what is the extent of the editing that you are doing when you reopen the project.

I could envision you scattering file fragments in the tracks with a lot of moving around files on the Timeline, but that does not have anything to do with the save close commands.

And, if you move, delete, or rename folders and files that were source media for a project, you will end up with "damaged projects" for which you might have to labor to  do media reconnects. In some of the media reconnect matters, the project involved may not open at all. Still not a repeated open and close situation.

To answer you question directly...I know of no studies by Adobe on

what kind of data losses we suffer by opening and closing the same project a lot of times?

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running? If you are having a workflow issue which you are trying to tie to how many times you open and close a given project, then please post the details of that situation so that we might help you troubleshoot the issue.

Project Settings

Properties of Source Media

Extent of Edits - Size of Project

Intended Export

Computer Resource Description

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Video and Audio Degredation
            Littlefeather Level 1

yes i am driving Premier Elements 10 very hard.  and i am managing to finesse it into conforming to my will the more i find out how the little bugger works.

thanks.

• 3. Re: Video and Audio Degredation
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I am with ATR, in that I have not seen any degradation of either Audio, or Video, just from opening and closing a Project.

I have a couple of test Projects, that have probably been Opened 500 times, and just that process has never caused any degradation.

Now, if one is applying an Effect, such as Scale, etc., the Video can change, but that has nothing to do with opening and closing a Project.

Exactly what sort of degradation are you observing, and where?

Exactly what are you doing, in your editing?

Good luck, and let us know a bit more please.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Video and Audio Degredation
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Littlefeather

Thanks for the reply and wanting to get the best possible performance from your Premiere Elements 10 video editor.

Excuse, but every time I see Premiere Elements 10, I am conditioned to the same question..."What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on and is that computer using a NVIDIA video card?

There is an epidemic of display issues existing specific to Premiere Elements 10 users with NVIDIA video cards. The fix has been to roll back the video card driver version rather than to assure that you have the latest video card driver version installed.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

Hope that does not apply to you, but just in case....

Sounds like you have an energetic and productive approach addressed to your Premiere Elements 10 projects. But, if you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

ATR